IGNORED

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City

takeshi

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

started off liking this but being weary of an album that got so much praise. but after 20+ listens it's a 2012 classic.

was surprised by his choice of tracks he did on SNL.

is drank ironic? i always took it as a cautionary tale of alcoholism but the more i listen the more i hear a party anthem.

and my wife likes the janet jackson sample

is drank ironic? i always took it as a cautionary tale of alcoholism but the more i listen the more i hear a party anthem.

Yeah, it's way ironic. Check the lyrics. But at the same time it IS a party anthem. I think he maintains a masterful balance. Hard to pull that off.

• 2 months later...

started off liking this but being weary of an album that got so much praise. but after 20+ listens it's a 2012 classic.

was surprised by his choice of tracks he did on SNL.

and my wife likes the janet jackson sample

it's kinda like how NIN closer became a stripper anthem, not necessarily opposing forces or irony, just deeper layers of meaning. in this case it's best to stroke your beard whilst dancing.

• 1 year later...

Bump - been revisiting this lately. So good. Anything better than this since then?

yeah it's quality.

Not sure really, I don't really follow hip-hop too closely. The Schoolboy Q and ASAP Ferg albums are good (if you like trap). Need to check out the new DJ Quik

Bump - been revisiting this lately. So good. Anything better than this since then?

better? that all depends on your taste but i can recommand you full heartly Danny brown - XXX and Old

definatly check out XXX it's a free album but destroy's almost all the of the new hiphop shit, it's funny, brutal and honest! listen or die!

not a fan of this album and/or kendrick. he's annoying and definitely not the "rap god" everyone makes him out to be. danny brown is worth checking tho

Yikes

danny brown sounds just as annoying and so does every "rap god" if you'r not used 2 them

not overrated and looking forward 2 his new album even tough his new single annoys the shit out of my ears

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived