11. Tickly Flanks (3:30)
12. Smooch (3:42)
13. Gunnar (4:38)
14. Weakling Paradinas (7:34)

Sk4z53v.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good news! And yes, given that Aphex and BOC always have rumored releases which are never released and µ-ziq doesn't he "D"eserves an spot here for sure :P

lol at the fact that N&U R threads get a bunch of replies whereas when u post the same info (a week earlier) in the subforum tumble weed passes by. (and subsequently the fact that people are still whining for subforums - not that i'm against them, they're just not as active as they should be)

:watmm:

i'm very harppy for this. june is quite a long distance away, but i'll be patient and calm for µziq. winter and spring is when i listen to µziqs the most anyway, and so, i'll be kept in good company

(why pin something that has an 'unsure' release date of June 2012...)

we are very enthusiastic and eager and we can not help ourselves? generous µziq trac samples have been provided for your enjoyment. all watmm featured artists are now 'pinned' until at least 1 month, following their release date

Oh my... I don't know why but I honestly wasn't expecting another µ-Ziq album, well, at all?

Over the years there have been µ-Ziq tracks that, every time I listen to them now are so poignant and nostalgic that I'm almost reduced to tears. "The Fear" always does this to me. These samples sound like a return to that.

Also... is it just me or does that second track sound weirdly like a Finitribe cover?

(Yes, I'm old)

Over the years there have been µ-Ziq tracks that, every time I listen to them now are so poignant and nostalgic that I'm almost reduced to tears. "The Fear" always does this to me.

only the most beautiful sounds can do this

3:12 - 5:12 is really nice. Reminds me of Buromaschinen or fieldtriqp.

Maybe having Kuedo on his label has rubbed off on him a bit, with the ticky hi hats and clean, moody sci-fi synths.

Is it just me drinking too much coffee or do most of these tracks seem a bit slow? They all sound good but almost they all seem like they'd sound better if they were 10% faster.

• 5 months later...
Chewed Corners is the electronica pioneer and Planet Mu boss’s eighth album and promises a shift in style from the gargling, aggressive electronics of its predecessor Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique.

paradinas-4.30.2013.jpg

http://www.factmag.com/2013/04/30/mike-paradinas-announces-eighth-%C2%B5-ziq-lp-chewed-corners/

01 Taikon

02 Christ Dust

03 Wipe

04 Monyth

05 Twangle Melkas

06 Melting Bas

07 Houzz 10

08 Feeble Minded

09 Hug

10 Mountain Island Boner

11 Tickly Flanks

12 Smooch