IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Chewed Corners

cear

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have listened to the album just once yet, but imho it basically keeps the flavour of 1995 / 1996 µZiq alive. There is only a minor influence of Footwork - mainly some superfast hihats - but overall it's pretty oldschool. Even though I really love the old µZiq sound I was hoping for some development, for a µZiq of 2013...

I hate how his site has only the start of songs as samples. I don't want to have to navigate away to other places that give you the rest of the track to peruse. Always bugged me given that this type of music usually has a rambling beginning that doesn't contain the cookies and cream of the edit.

"Purchase the WAV or MP3 collection of Chewed Corners from the planet.mu store and we include a specially made µ-Ziq mixtape exclusive to this site, featuring 54 minutes of unreleased tracks on 320 kbps mp3 format"

Unreleased paradinas tracks or tracks by others? It's not clear... does anyone know?

The mixtape is entitled "µ-Ziq - Rediffusion"

The tracklist is as follows:

01 µ-Ziq - Mumbo

02 Mick & Alan - Braindead Moth

03 µ-Ziq - Smeester

04 Heterotic - Blue Lights (ft. Gravenhurst - µ-Ziq Remix)

05 µ-Ziq - Tambor

06 µ-Ziq - Ritm

07 µ-Ziq - The Tripods

08 µ-Ziq - Monj2

09 µ-Ziq - Moaning

10 µ-Ziq - Taxi Sadness

11 John Wizards - Lusaka By Night (µ-Ziq Remix)

12 µ-Ziq - Blooms

13 µ-Ziq - Fettucine

14 µ-Ziq - Mentuuu

15 µ-Ziq - Mnh

16 µ-Ziq - Wrtyuu

17 µ-Ziq - Blem

18 Heterotic - Patty

19 µ-Ziq - Rimmy

The mixtape is entitled "µ-Ziq - Rediffusion"

The tracklist is as follows:

01 µ-Ziq - Mumbo

02 Mick & Alan - Braindead Moth

03 µ-Ziq - Smeester

04 Heterotic - Blue Lights (ft. Gravenhurst - µ-Ziq Remix)

05 µ-Ziq - Tambor

06 µ-Ziq - Ritm

07 µ-Ziq - The Tripods

08 µ-Ziq - Monj2

09 µ-Ziq - Moaning

10 µ-Ziq - Taxi Sadness

11 John Wizards - Lusaka By Night (µ-Ziq Remix)

12 µ-Ziq - Blooms

13 µ-Ziq - Fettucine

14 µ-Ziq - Mentuuu

15 µ-Ziq - Mnh

16 µ-Ziq - Wrtyuu

17 µ-Ziq - Blem

18 Heterotic - Patty

19 µ-Ziq - Rimmy

sweet thanks.

I know lol. I understand why they're doing it but I'm still grumpy about it.

But by the previews it sounds like this is going to be a killer album! so stoked

Cd and 2x12" pre-ordered ! From the teasers, it's so promising, this could be one of his very best album : as timeless as Tango N Vectif or Lunatic Harness yet very "modern" at the same time. Can't wait to listen to the full-tunes.

Track times as requested:

1. Taikon (5:17)
2. Christ Dust (3:02)
3. Wipe (4:43)
4. Monyth (1:46)
5. Twangle Melkas (2:50)
6. Melting Bas (3:36)
7. Houzz 10 (5:31)
8. Feeble Minded (4:30)
9. Hug (2:58)
10. Mountain Island Boner (4:09)
11. Tickly Flanks (3:30)
12. Smooch (3:42)
13. Gunnar (4:38)
14. Weakling Paradinas (7:34)

Guest Papillon

Cd and 2x12" pre-ordered ! From the teasers, it's so promising, this could be one of his very best album : as timeless as Tango N Vectif or Lunatic Harness yet very "modern" at the same time. Can't wait to listen to the full-tunes.

The music sounds really nice, I have to admit though I stopped following U-ziq releases when he started doing drm and bass, this and the collection of older tracks he released recently I think are probably the best releases since his first few records IMHO. I didn't really understand what he was doing with that Slazenger alias I guess it just didn't seem right after Tango N Vectif which was a masterpiece.

I remember Rephlex published something giveaway once that said "regardless of what you think of his (u-ziq) music now, we will always have tango n' vectif" I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist.

Oh well I'm glad to hear this music, and be on this forum to read what other's think about this release.

Archived