IGNORED

Drexciya - Journey Of The Deep Sea Dweller III

Redruth

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit disappointed with the series so far to be honest. Most of my favourite tracks haven't even featured! Where's Sighting in the Abyss, Hightech Nomads, Andrean Sand Dunes, Jazzy Fluids, Polymono Plexusgel, Astronomical Guidepost, Aqua Worm Hole, Powers of the Deep, Aquarazorda, Surface Terrestrial Colonization and Birth of New Life?!

Aquarazorda is on JOTDSD vol 1

Also one vol yet to come out. but i doubt these will be on there, because you're mentioning a bunch of tracks from neptunes lair and grava4

Thing is, it's not a "best of" series. it's mostly material from their eps, which are out of print rare items with lots of bonus tracks thrown in there for good measure. Also this is the best quality we've ever had these tracks in. So i don't really see how any drexciya fan could complain! :) Clone deserve a whole lot of credit for doing this.

Thing is, it's not a "best of" series. it's mostly material from their eps, which are out of print rare items with lots of bonus tracks thrown in there for good measure. Also this is the best quality we've ever had these tracks in. So i don't really see how any drexciya fan could complain! :) Clone deserve a whole lot of credit for doing this.

Agreed. Those other tracks aren’t that hard to come by, are they? I’m not really much of a collector or anything but I’ve got most of the later stuff. It’s the early, impossible-to-get stuff that’s the real deal here, yes?

Yes! This!

And "You don't know" is one heck of a classy track.

Volume II is a completely different hue of blue and is MISSING the roman numeral II on the spine.

The colour thing is probably intentional, the roman numeral not.

deep%20sea%20dweller.jpg

Volume II is a completely different hue of blue and is MISSING the roman numeral II on the spine.

The colour thing is probably intentional, the roman numeral not.

deep%20sea%20dweller.jpg

wha?? are those the CDs or LPs? Mine doesn't have the two

Aqua Worm Hole is on JOTDSD III

aqua worm hole! really nice!

Indeed! Finally I'll be hearing this ace of a track without skips and pops throughout. I normally don't mind, but I feel this track should be heard in full clarity...

Guest cheesechoker

Well, I already have Grava 4. So I could easily live without Drexcyen Star Chamber.

But I'm dying for a remastered version of Sighting In The Abyss. Probably my favorite Drexciya track.

Same here. No idea why this tune isn't better known!

Why is he doing that thing with his hands? It looks ridiculous..

I thought maybe there's one of those D-Beam type controllers where you wave your hands in the air and it does shit. But I can't hear any difference to anything when we does that. So maybe he's just trying to do Squarepusher? :cerious:

^Agreed. I might have posted this in another one of these threads, but imho the right way to do this would have been to release it as a 4-disc set, either as a remastered The Quest + 2 of unreleased material or as the singles spread chronologically over the discs. And reasonably priced too, say closer to 50 bucks instead of 4 x $20. I shudder at the thought of what the vinyls are going for.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that crazy about the tracklist. And I hate to say it, Flying Fish sounds fucking awful. Never liked Nautilus, Vampire Island or Red Hills of Lardosa (sorry?)

But Aqua Worm Hole will probably make me buy it regardless... Don't get me wrong, I love Drexciya, their tracks are just a bit hit or miss to me.

Not that crazy about the tracklist. And I hate to say it, Flying Fish sounds fucking awful. Never liked Nautilus, Vampire Island or Red Hills of Lardosa (sorry?)

But Aqua Worm Hole will probably make me buy it regardless... Don't get me wrong, I love Drexciya, their tracks are just a bit hit or miss to me.

i couldn't be more excited about the tracklist. some of the highlight tracks for me are aqua worm hole as you mentioned, aquabahn, sea snake, you don't know, and flying fish :)

Archived