IGNORED

Drexciya - Journey Of The Deep Sea Dweller III

Redruth

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I seriously have get to get f*cked - and it's been a while - to listen to the 3 parts in a row and freak-out. This is almost Analord-like for me. Not from the sounds, but from the feelings they evoke.

• 1 month later...

2LP out now on Clone (CD was already released a while ago), just ordered it with another shitload of vinyl. That shop is killing me.

I think part 3 is the best part so far, if only Depressurization was on it, it would've been my perfect Drexciya compilation. And if that track isn't on part 4, I'll throw away the entire series.

TWENTY THREE DOLLARS + SHIPPING BLEEP HELLO, YOU FUCKERS

also: looks like our suspicions were right, the covers are getting darker in hue (aka deeper in the ocean)

I need to order this just to see if they fucked up the CD spine again lol

edit: from the looks of boomkat preview it looks like they've righted their HEINOUS wrong

• 4 weeks later...
Guest texan whip

^If you were to skip one... then skip this one.

Definitely the weakest one. I only like Aqua Worm Hole on it.

I agree totally - Aqua Worm Hole is great but the rest is relatively uninspiring.

I'm sure I read before (around the time of the release of part I) that clone were releasing this series in IV parts but Bleep refer to part III as the final instalment. Have Bleep got this wrong or will there be a fourth part? I hope so as part III seemed to be lacking some great tracks.

Aahh, how can you not like the third part! It's the best so far imo. Aquabahn was the track I learned to appreciate electro and Drexciya in the first place (I heard Neptune's Lair first but HATED it), You Don't Know is one of Drexciya's coolest tracks and Red Hills of Lardossa is one of the most epic tracks imo. And then you have Sea Snake and Vampire Island. Currently I'm really hooked on Flying Fish as well...

As far as I know it will be 4 parts, if not Clone would've let everybody know this would be the last one (for promotion reasons ofcourse).

I agree totally - Aqua Worm Hole is great but the rest is relatively uninspiring.

I'm sure I read before (around the time of the release of part I) that clone were releasing this series in IV parts but Bleep refer to part III as the final instalment. Have Bleep got this wrong or will there be a fourth part? I hope so as part III seemed to be lacking some great tracks.

There's def. going to be another part. You can tell by back of the covers on the digipacks (hard to explain in good english...). They're suppose to form the famous drexciyan diver and from the looks of it, only one more part is needed to complete it.

Guest texan whip

There's def. going to be another part. You can tell by back of the covers on the digipacks (hard to explain in good english...). They're suppose to form the famous drexciyan diver and from the looks of it, only one more part is needed to complete it.

I get your drift (if you can excuse the water related Drexciyan pun). Thanks for the part IV info.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I just have to say "Vampire Island" is the strangest tune. I giggled the first time I heard it. It grew on me over time - it's so literal in its sounds (dat organ) and arrangement, and they just absolutely did not give a fuck if it came off cheesy or ironic. It's just fun, goofy, and still classic Drexciya.

I AM COUNT DRACULA

http://youtu.be/40Z9S4gBWNs

Archived