IGNORED

braggadocio

keltoi

so my brag is

-i have a tape coming up on my favourite polish label

-ned raggett wrote about my ep

-i achieved this without sending a single promo or spamming anyone's facebook

-i have a few gigs lined up!

and it's barely february. even if everything falls flat from now on i can say it's been a pretty good year as far as my music career goes.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks! i'm pretty excited about having a proper family home...

and the garage even has an upstairs!!! i can brew beer again.

edit - not necessarily upstairs but in the garage.

I have a cup that I pour coffee into when I'm at work and then I drink from it, several times each day I do this. It's my cup.

My cup is missing.

me too. 8 days and ive had no cravings really. the true test is going out and getting steaming, thats the only difficult time i find.

how you doing off the fags mess? week 5 for me and still going strong.

also, i think i just bought an amazing house.

nice, nice. yeah not so great over here, i had a drink this week and ended up going through a ten deck. onwards and upwards though, i need to just keep going at it even when i fuck up, instead of my usual sort of ''well ive ballsed this up so i mayaswell just smoke again basically.

still, ten fags and 1 joint in just over 5 weeks is pretty good for me.

Guest disparaissant

the most annoying of my roommates decided to move out!

i got new boots and new shoes!

i'm finding i'm a lot more proficient at bass than i ever was at guitar!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest disparaissant

i ordered wind's poem by mount eerie a few weeks ago and when it came the first side of the first record had a bunch of little scratches in it. so i email the label, and get a reply back from phil himself saying he's really sorry and asking me for my address so that he can mail me a replacement. best customer service ever, seriously.

I'm working on an intense, abstract/space metal album that is going exactly how I planned. Full textures, glistening ambience, heavy as fuck in the right places. Elements of everything I've been inspired by in the last few years—post-punk, sludge metal, thrash, ambient music, space-prog, even IDM. Building it for a four-piece band; the limitation is actually making my music even more ridiculous.

I recently traded in my old Clio for a newer Alfa, which I've been after for for a few years, for a very reasonable amount and now I've bagged myself a new job which finally sets me on my chosen career path.

My design proposal for a fairly large and complex chicken coop for a large farm was selected and now it's going to be built.

Very exciting to know that something you've design and worked hard on is going to actually exist beyond drawings and models.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at a party with Chris Cunningham last night.

Granted, I was working at the party :(

I saw him and told a few of the other dudes I was working with, but none of them knew who he was.

I waited for the right time to go up and talk to him, but as soon as I did, someone else did the same. Then he left.

Still, I felt pretty cool to be in the same room as him.

I have my first set at subclub tonight, which can be debatably called the best club in scotland, very much excited, sitting drinking beers and picking out some serious techno.

I was at a party with Chris Cunningham last night.

Granted, I was working at the party :(

I saw him and told a few of the other dudes I was working with, but none of them knew who he was.

I waited for the right time to go up and talk to him, but as soon as I did, someone else did the same. Then he left.

Still, I felt pretty cool to be in the same room as him.

Were you able to retrieve any of his hair?

I have my first set at subclub tonight, which can be debatably called the best club in scotland, very much excited, sitting drinking beers and picking out some serious techno.

Kewl, don't drink too much.

cool. enjoy yersel.

Archived