IGNORED

Curiosity (iOS / Android)

mcbpete

Surprised there's not been a topic about this on here yet (or if there has, I hold my head in shame and will lock the topic). But yesterday Peter Molyneux (of Populous, Black & White and Fable fame) released his free 'game'/social experiment/art piece 'Curiosity'

For those that don't know it's a sort of anti minecraft where everyone is collectively picking at a giant cube one layer at a time (at the time of writing the last remaining cubes of the first layer still remain), until one final cube is left. The person that picks at the last cube will be the only person to see something (it hasn't been revealed what) and they can choose whether to share it or not. Here's a video description/blog from yesterday:

I personally lasted playing the game for about 20 minutes until my brain shouted at me for being quickly ridiculous and I then uninstalled it. But what do you think about it ?

It's certainly something different I'll give it that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if anybody wants to play this game analogue, you can pick the mortar off my boots for 20 minutes and see if there's anything interesting in there; you don't even have to share it with me if you find it.

you did that whole-hand-tappy thing for 20 minutes? seems like a fucking super massive waste of time.

Nah, I mean from first loading the game to uninstalling it was about 20 minutes. But yes, yes it is - though it appears to have had quite a lot of interest from the look of Twitter.

Let's hope the real game is in the cube.

I think he created some fantastic innovative titles early in his carreer (Populous, Dungeon Keeper, B&W 1) but Lionshead output in the last 5 years has been a trainwreck.

Peter Molyneux has said that "what is inside the cube is life-changingly amazing by any definition".

Oh oh.

Installed it yesterday (on my HTC One V) and I didn't get further than a facebook registration. The game only gave me a white screen.

Now I'm getting an Error connecting to server. :/

Yeah I think the android servers (if they're different to the apple hosted ones) were fully jammed yesterday, and I guess as it's near the end of layer one people have flocked back on again

(you don't have to sign in through facebook by the way)

i can't find it in the play store for some reason - only finding mars rover and apps for curious gay guys. any direct link or something?

Yeah I think the android servers (if they're different to the apple hosted ones) were fully jammed yesterday, and I guess as it's near the end of layer one people have flocked back on again

(you don't have to sign in through facebook by the way)

ohlol well the facebook icon is the only thing i saw so i figured i had to do that first :p

fuck this game, coins keep disappearing and everytime i go for the squares in the corner i click the damn facebook button by accident. yeah i just played this for about an hour while listening to a podcast. :facepalm:

Archived