IGNORED

MNLTH - TBA

t yst r

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a related note, MNLTH's remix of Ultrademons new track is pretty badass sounding from the sample.

yup. +1. it's some hot shit.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still waiting to be impressed by monolith

he's got the production chops, but he is yet to make something original sounding as far as I can tell. best thing he's done is still his SDC remix, and that is, of course, because it's SDC.

also I think it's unfair for clone to call it similar to DMX and EOD, because they have very distinct, unique styles, and actually bring something new to this style of music with every release

I just had to WTF this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=EF5X3p-EHHk&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3yjG_IkJsE&playnext=1&list=PL1B91019A1AF08836&feature=results_video

I don't need to say more. The people saying that Dave is running along the same lines of certain artists are correct. But you cannot say he doesn't have his own flavor and in a genre where there are less than 12 or so people producing it, its a feat to even be able to put together such good releases.

yeah, those are some boring tracks alright.

"I don't need to say more" actually, it would take quite a bit more explanation for me to get what makes him special. Again, I am not saying he's not technically proficient, because he's got that side down just fine. His sound palette is incredibly limited though, and his music is completely inartistic. It's not self expression, it's just an exercise in copying sounds from other tracks that he likes, and throwing them together to make something to satisfy people stuck in 2007, when A&D and Tuss was relevant.

also it's worth mentioning that "tusslike" is not a genre. It's just another style period from AFX's past, no different from the differing styles on all his other albums. I doubt it was considered acceptable in the 90s to churn out tunes that sound like a weak imitation of ICBYD, so I don't know why it'd be acceptable now

Anus, u are hilarious, your want to let everyone know your dislike/disapproval/distaste is admirable, it really is. But if you don't like something why come back again and again trying to prove to people that you don't like it? No one cares, waste your time and energy writing about something you do like, like lmfao, lady Gaga,maybe even pitbull if you wana get deep

yeah, those are some boring tracks alright.

"I don't need to say more" actually, it would take quite a bit more explanation for me to get what makes him special. Again, I am not saying he's not technically proficient, because he's got that side down just fine. His sound palette is incredibly limited though, and his music is completely inartistic. It's not self expression, it's just an exercise in copying sounds from other tracks that he likes, and throwing them together to make something to satisfy people stuck in 2007, when A&D and Tuss was relevant.

also it's worth mentioning that "tusslike" is not a genre. It's just another style period from AFX's past, no different from the differing styles on all his other albums. I doubt it was considered acceptable in the 90s to churn out tunes that sound like a weak imitation of ICBYD, so I don't know why it'd be acceptable now

hey, lighten up jerk!

BTTF3_244.jpg

Gordon, if it makes you feel better to think that someone who dislikes monolith must like Pitbull, good for you.

I do agree though BCM, that last post was a little too serious. It just frustrates me when stuff like this gets on Rephlex and Weme, when those labels should be pursuing new and original sounds.

Gordon, if it makes you feel better to think that someone who dislikes monolith must like Pitbull, good for you.

I do agree though BCM, that last post was a little too serious. It just frustrates me when stuff like this gets on Rephlex and Weme, when those labels should be pursuing new and original sounds.

What do you think of EOD ?

I like EOD, I always have. He is a creative guy, and when everyone was doing analords, I think he was able to really put his own spin on it, and stand out from the crowd. Plus, the past couple years of CN stuff is a lot more relevant than the stuff Dave does IMO.

It just frustrates me when stuff like this gets on Rephlex and Weme, when those labels should be pursuing new and original sounds.

i'm baffled. i'm sry, but i think this is downright ridiculous. "Welcome" is imho the best release of 2011&2012.

dave's work is so rich and complex, so colourful and original....there's nothing sounding anything like welcome.

if monolith sounds very tuss-like to you, eod probably sounds very steinvord-like to you.

e.g. whilst steinvord is really corny at some moments, monolith is so playful, inspiring and surprising.

i would like to say more, but my english isn't good enough.

how can tracks like this bore you?

EDIT: also, new track

https://soundcloud.com/dave-monolith/rythimi

Archived