IGNORED

I Could Listen To Stone In Focus Forever

Mellow U

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't hear stone in focus for almost ten years after getting into SAWII.

Same. I wasn't even aware of Stone in Focus until I joined watmmer. I'd been an Aphex fan for years but wasn't fanatical, unlike nowadays lol.

I wish RDJ had cut the track where he blows his mouth into a filter with lots of reverb

is that what that one is? Been a while since I've listened to SAW but I remember it sounding like the noise you'd get if you had a synth module turned way up running into an amp, but generating no osc or even noise, just that soft internal hum old synths make

except he actually recorded an entire track like that, playing around with the filter knobs etc. Which is a novel concept & results in a track sonically distinct from anything else on the album, but perhaps not the most immediately engaging

I love that track to death!

which track are you both talking about?

I wish RDJ had cut the track where he blows his mouth into a filter with lots of reverb

is that what that one is? Been a while since I've listened to SAW but I remember it sounding like the noise you'd get if you had a synth module turned way up running into an amp, but generating no osc or even noise, just that soft internal hum old synths make

except he actually recorded an entire track like that, playing around with the filter knobs etc. Which is a novel concept & results in a track sonically distinct from anything else on the album, but perhaps not the most immediately engaging

I love that track to death!

which track are you both talking about?

Would think Grey Stripe would be the answer? Spots is the 'recorded my computer noise slowed down' version.

• 1 month later...

listening to saw ii disc one every night for months. stone in focus is lovely and all but what track really grabs me because of it's ambience is curtains, more so than (even) rhubarb.

Guest drukqs11

Blur // Stone In focus // Curtains, could be played in loop forever!

Blur ending (~4m30s onwards) is probably the best piece of music ever composed in human history and yet so damn simple...

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is taking a jewelry class. I was taking a picture of her piece when she said..."Make sure you get the STONE IN FOCUS." I turned around, grabbed her and kissed her....She said, "What was that for?" -"For being perfect."

Guest isaki

My wife is taking a jewelry class. I was taking a picture of her piece when she said..."Make sure you get the STONE IN FOCUS." I turned around, grabbed her and kissed her....She said, "What was that for?" -"For being perfect."

nice

i call your wife for miss idm 2013

She knows the song well, as I play it all the time. As I posted earlier, this is the first song I played for my daughter while we were in the darkened hospital room. It's the first song she ever heard. :aphexsign:

i have tears in my eyes

I wish I could find my aphex twin soul-mate lover too

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived