IGNORED

I Could Listen To Stone In Focus Forever

Mellow U

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last time i played this track my dog walked into the room & said "i now know why you cry". i was so shocked i dropped my panda pop & my dog ate it off the floor. Then he put on sunglasses & flew through my window & out into space.

The video I'm watching along with this song reminds me of when I was flying to England and I could see lights in the night sky outside of my plane. The memory pairs quite nicely with this song.

• 2 weeks later...

i saw this rock today and kinda focused my eyes a bit and heh what do u know i got a stone in focus

"cliffs" is better

HEY YOU DON'T SAY THAT

"cliffs" is better

You're not wrong, best on the album for me. I don't know if there would be as much intrigue with Stone in Focus if it wasn't limited to the black vinyl. Still a fantastic ambient piece though.

When it strips back at the 5 minute mark... Jesus.

New thread?

I'd like to believe all of us could simply band together, rather than splitting up, and form a Church Of SAW II.

"Ah yes, Brother Mcglockers, how good to see you - how fares your meditation on the Cliffs doctrine this day?"

"Very well, Brother Mellow - I was just thinking how nice it would be to share some tea in the Stone In Focus orrery this evening."

"Make it so."

When it strips back at the 5 minute mark... Jesus.

New thread?

I'd like to believe all of us could simply band together, rather than splitting up, and form a Church Of SAW II.

"Ah yes, Brother Mcglockers, how good to see you - how fares your meditation on the Cliffs doctrine this day?"

"Very well, Brother Mellow - I was just thinking how nice it would be to share some tea in the Stone In Focus orrery this evening."

"Make it so."

Bringing decorum to the forum! There's a bitter exchange going on in that other one.

• 2 months later...

Speaking of SAWII, are there any songs by other artists out there like that one 11 minute track with the girl laughing? I like it, it puts me in a trance.

I didn't hear stone in focus for almost ten years after getting into SAWII. I wish RDJ had cut the track where he blows his mouth into a filter with lots of reverb instead of this one. Easily one of the best tracks on the album...

I wish RDJ had cut the track where he blows his mouth into a filter with lots of reverb

is that what that one is? Been a while since I've listened to SAW but I remember it sounding like the noise you'd get if you had a synth module turned way up running into an amp, but generating no osc or even noise, just that soft internal hum old synths make

except he actually recorded an entire track like that, playing around with the filter knobs etc. Which is a novel concept & results in a track sonically distinct from anything else on the album, but perhaps not the most immediately engaging

I wish RDJ had cut the track where he blows his mouth into a filter with lots of reverb

is that what that one is? Been a while since I've listened to SAW but I remember it sounding like the noise you'd get if you had a synth module turned way up running into an amp, but generating no osc or even noise, just that soft internal hum old synths make

except he actually recorded an entire track like that, playing around with the filter knobs etc. Which is a novel concept & results in a track sonically distinct from anything else on the album, but perhaps not the most immediately engaging

I love that track to death!

Archived