IGNORED

chipping children

keltoi

What information would be on the chip and at what age would the chip be removed?

Also, who would have access to the info and who would take care of the database?

If you look at the reasons kids get kidnapped it's usually either by one of their parents who got divorced or a molester.

In case of the divorced parent someone could get a gps jammer to prevent authorities from finding out their location, in case of the molester it would be incentive to get the 'deed' done quicker and kill whoever they abducted immediately after or maybe remove the chip.

Since there's always going to be a timeframe during which noone knows that someone is missing I don't think there's too much to be gained, unless it'd be constant tracking but I don't see how that would work.

I guess you could set parameters where an alarm would go off if a chippee is found to be outside of a certain area but I don't think that would prevent too many cases as molesters don't usually really seem to run off with their victims. And it would have some practical issues where the parameters would have to be changed for going on trips, a parent/custodian might forget to have them changed for example.

Just simple GPS and origin info.removed at 16.

Police and Parental access. Err... Government/police.

Regardless of whether they are "children" (which teenagers are not) or adults, chipping a human being is incredibly creepy and big brotherish, and a huge invasion of privacy. Would you not feel violated if you realized your parents put a tracking device in you?

that's fucked up.

disappointed this is not a thread about putting kids in a woodchipper

I put a kid in a wood chipper once turns out it wasn't a kid at all it was just wood that looked like a kid.

From 25 yards in and a clear line to the pin I'd recommend going with a 7-iron, choking up a bit on your grip and opening up your stance slightly. Line up the target, keep your head down, take your backswing back slowly, and remember always to swing *through* the child.

Archived