IGNORED

Analog Four teaser trailer

Guest SecondaryCell

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SecondaryCell

Is the actor in the Analog Four video the same Hector from this series by Elektron?

[youtubehd]tZF2w9aU32U[/youtubehd]

If so, I rather like his style...

looks like the Tempest just got it's ass handed to it, no doubt Elektron will have full midi implementation for external and internal functions out of the box. The Tempest has been about 1 year out from the release date and we still do not have

- cc midi control over any parameters

- a white noise generator ( you have to use a sample/wavetable of noise, no noise generation available)

- a sine wave oscillator ( you have to use a LPF with the res turned up to the max to emulate a sine wave)

- no external midi sequencing abilities, as of right now only real-time velocity sensitive pad hitting is sent over midi, but sequences are not

Just really fucking frustrated Dave Smith, who usually puts out solid and awesome products dropped the ball so hard on something so promising.

Only thing missing from these elektron demos is full drum kit sounds, how does it do hi-hats, snare drums and a variety of bass drums? Nothing on the demo really shows the power of that, or maybe its more focused on melodic content. If so not sure if I'll buy it.

i am going to assume that the soundtrack of that viddy was made with it..

That's what they did with the Machinedrum, but some of these drum & piano sounds I'm not sure of.

Only thing missing from these elektron demos is full drum kit sounds, how does it do hi-hats, snare drums and a variety of bass drums? Nothing on the demo really shows the power of that, or maybe its more focused on melodic content.

If this is done with just the 4 tracks, I'm quite impressed.

pretty nice, i wonder if it can a decent analog snare sound with some release. The bass drums sound pretty cool. I hear a lot of just basic white noise stuff and the snares or side stick sounds have not enough decay to get a great idea of it's capabilities.

and in response to sirch, it's not just any groovebox/drum machine its an elektron which besides an MPC they make the most capable, tweakable and jam worthy drum machines on the market. Having CC parameter locks with the same ease of use on the monomachine and machinedrum with analog synthesis is pretty amazing. Far more excited about this than the octatrack

I can imagine with that combination of OSCs, filters, envelopes & LFOs per track one can probably tweak some nice drum sounds...

lol ima bit hyped and i want it..

i'm just excited that a company like Elektron wouldn't release a crippled unit like the Tempest. Having full CC control over this thing while it fires off patterns is just one of the many reasons i'm excited, that and a built in arpegio as well. That's one of the only things missing from the machinedrum that the monomachine has that i really miss. I wonder how many LFOs per channel? Hopefully 3 like the monomachine

too pricey for me, for what it is. interested to see&hear what it's fully capable of, though, because an analog synth made by 'Elektron' sounds interesting&enticing&promising right off the bat...

would've been better with a 2 or 3 octave keyboard instead of those poxy buttons, imo. looks a lil' too much like the octatrack to me.

i agree with you on the cosmetic look, and i do love the limited edition monomachine that comes with the keyboard attached to it. Would be pretty awesome if they had a special edition of this with a similar keyboard

above soundcloud demo sounds nice, but doesn't really make me wanna spend a grand on it.

but we'll see... i'm sure there are probably loads of wicked features and they will no doubt sell like hotcakes anyway,

aaand they will no doubt be all over Ae's next next album in 2015(ish)...

potentially, still no obvious evidence they used the octatrack at all on anything. Not surprised if they didn't, it is by far the weakest of any of the groovebox elektron products. But at the same time I'm so disappointed with the cripple-ware, the Tempest that at this point i'd just do a straight Octatrack for Tempest trade just to get this crippled son of a bitch out of my studio and have a new toy to play with

hopefully this one might redeem them a bit after the octacack. :)

and, hopefully, it might give Roland a final push to make a new analog synth as well, seeing as Moog, Arturia and Korg, sort of (monotrons?), all have done.

come on Roland!

Archived