IGNORED

Analog Four teaser trailer

Guest SecondaryCell

i think i'll take me a hands on experience to be more interested, if the drums are just as tweakable as they are on a machinedrum but analog then i'll be a pleased man. So far it's impossible to tell based on the demos i've heard. I'm less interested in the melodic synth aspect of it, not because i think it sounds shitty

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes hands on definitely needed first, i agree. though from what people write about their experience with it, the sequencer is very close to the MD, instant-gratification wise... i've read the manual and it must be a good sign to immediately understand how it will feel using many of the new sequencer features (the OctaTrack on the other hand i don't understand at all and am not interested to get into even a little bit..).

actually there's quite a bunch of enhancements there i would love to have on the MD, such as trig mutes (mute automation), pattern recall, individual track lengths, direct pattern jump, pattern chains, sound locks, the way sounds/kits are handled..... it's a whole bunch of sequencer-awesomness.

i trusted my gut when i bought the MD without having a firm understanding of it, and it was the right decision... very similar feelings here..

the MD is barnone the most intuitive and powerful piece of musical hardware i've ever used. I wasn't convinced by the demos i heard either, especially not the ones on Elektrons website. I have faith in the Analog Four, where can i check out the manual? I wonder what the external CC mapping looks like

• 3 weeks later...
pretty good for a 1000 $ analog synth, imho:

https://soundcloud.com/duplx/a4

apparently just a single pattern + performance mode tweakage. still want this thing.

this is ace!

not only is it a cool little jam, but it's also using the analog 4 to it's strengths: the parameter lock style of composition combined with an analog synth.

you've got analog synth textures and tones combined with those abrupt complex parameter shifts & angular tweakery. sounds great! :music:

yeah that's the best demo so far, with all the parameter lock stuff going on it almost ends up sounding like a digital synth which is good . If you wanted to sound like a more traditional subtractive you could with more straight forward usage but it sounds like you can get into machinedrum/monomachine esque territory pretty easily. Still not totally sold on the drums, id like to hear more of a variety of them and perhaps some parameter lock action on those too. The Tempest better overhaul it's OS very soon or I'm not going to be able to resist dumping it for one of these (plus get an extra couple hundred left over in the process)

One advantage it has over the Mono is that you can parameter lock patch selection effectively giving quick access to different sounds per step which you can then tweak with more parameter locks on top .

The unfinished arppegiator will also be parameter lockable which opens up a whole new world of madness!

oh fuck nice! I was always curious to check out the Octatrack for the sole reason that it has parameter lockable /midi automatable arp functions, but as a sampler it seems weak to me and i don't think i'll ever have the opportunity to jam on one. I mean seriously no transient detection/beat slicing? The thing would be a fucking beast if it had that, especially since it's designed for real-time sample capturing.

oh fuck nice! I was always curious to check out the Octatrack for the sole reason that it has parameter lockable /midi automatable arp functions, but as a sampler it seems weak to me and i don't think i'll ever have the opportunity to jam on one. I mean seriously no transient detection/beat slicing? The thing would be a fucking beast if it had that, especially since it's designed for real-time sample capturing.

I still don't quite get the point of the Octatrack? Personally I haven't seen much it can do that I can't already do with my Kaoss Pad 3.

i can see the point in it for someone who doesn't already have a sampler and wants to get really tweaky in real-time with sample based beat making, but at the same time just isolating it's sample engine (and not the performance aspect) it seems pretty weak from what I've heard and read. If it had something akin to the quality of the elastic-audio engine of the Roland Vsynth line or beat slicing capabilities It would be a very competent and powerful sampler. Even just a polyphonic melodic sampling mode with some kontakt like time stretching/tone machine algorithms would be amazing. Just putting a fairly standard sampling engine inside the elektron interface is not enough to justify it (for me at least)

I hope you guys/girls still have some sperms left in your junk/whatever girls have: <-

Edited to be inclusive.

NM: thought it had all four filters in one fml.

Looks neat, but the site reads like it was written by a fucking 7th grader.

I have one, its pretty great sounding imo. I thought it was an excellent price for 4 voice mono w/ elektron sequencing. Most of my stupid soundcloud stuff is jam excerpts with A4, not even scratching the surface with p-locks and performance macros yet cos I am just mucking about at this point with tweaked presets and something quick from machinedrum alongside. I think the sounds compliment pretty awesomely.

I need to spend a load more time with it, but it is pretty straightforward.

https://soundcloud.com/ov-mountains/4dbqglb3pjsy

That is a jam I did with one of the preset kits (prob some tweaking tho) and some simple drum samples. I dunno proably sucks, but I like the sounds.

Archived