IGNORED

Hostess Brands are Closing for Good

murve33

I don't understand why they don't get enough business. They got a bad rep of being extremely fattening, but that fear obviously hasn't halted America's ongoing Bacon obsession (and, you know, obesity).

The nail in this company's coffin is apparently a baker's strike.

I'm going to head to my local outlet store and buy them out of Sno-Balls, Zingers, and Twinkies. I wish I had a big freezer.

:sad:

Oh yea, here's a link: http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/

Yeah, no fear, junk food lovers - those brands will live on, just under new management.

I'm just worried because all of the news people are saying it's the end of Twinkies. Guess they have to sensationalize everything though.

I hope new management takes over the recipe, and then makes them cheaper. They can hardly compete with Mrs. Freshley's and Little Debbie price-wise.

Oh yea, related. Been wanting to try this since I saw the movie.

RE: Twinkies. I've got a couple of things I bought back from the US when I was there as a kid. One of them being a twinkie holder called Twinkie the kid. Cowboy hat, lasso the lot.

the reason hostess is closing is obvious.

little debbie sells the same snack type things for half the price. there are people that say they aren't the same thing but come on

Guest Frankie5fingers

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! if there are no more twinkies then what am i supposed to eat in post-nuclear apocalyptia!? everyone knows its the only food that can survive a nuclear blast!

i kind of don't care about this actually at all. i'd munch on those things every once in a while but i never could bring myself to buy it. being a chef myself, i realize there are way better avenues available for desserts, which are a fairly small portion of my nutritional intake.

good riddance to a shit product !

Archived