IGNORED

Let's go to Tokyo!

Guest milorad

I am picked up in quaint cab to the sound of My Bloody Valentine or some softer, ambient shoegaze type music... maybe Lovesliescrushing. I leave my car to a hotel room where I sit with a wartorn expression on my face: the cruelty of the world has beaten me to a pulp. Little do I know..

fuck it, honestly I wish life was like Lost In Translation.

Guest milorad

I head towards womb to dance and meet aphex twins on train. I think about how ginger his hair is. We talk and he ends up offering me a fist in the face. I say I couldn't care less if he punches me. He says he wouldn't pay 4000 yen to listen to techno that was popular 5 decades ago if his tank depended on it. I say cool so where do all the pretty Cornwall boys go to party? he grins and stares at me for 10 minutes. She takes me to Shinjuku in filthy club where the music consist of maniacal laughter that you cannot talk or even breathe over. There's a guy on a small cube shaped stage throwing sharp objects into the crowd. He looks horrifying. For a moment I wish I was dead. I wonder what the brand of the objects are. I feel my skull imploding and I like it. I think how I wish I thought of making music like that. I try to kiss Richard, he is already gone. After an hour he reappears and just stares at me for an hour without blinking. The next day I wake up without any money trying to beg for money for train fare back to Narita. I say yes to no one in particular. I die alone 2 weeks later.

I literally shed a tear laughing!

Guest milorad

I am picked up in quaint cab to the sound of My Bloody Valentine or some softer, ambient shoegaze type music... maybe Lovesliescrushing. I leave my car to a hotel room where I sit with a wartorn expression on my face: the cruelty of the world has beaten me to a pulp. Little do I know..

fuck it, honestly I wish life was like Lost In Translation.

...that an hour later I will be getting drunk in a karaoke bar singing Roy Orbison hits.

http://youtu.be/R_zAyf57-G0

Guest FuncRandm

Womb rocks, don't listen to your fantasy girl!

My Tokyo top 5:

1. Ageha in Shin Kiba. If you can time it so Kevin Saunderson and Ken Ishii are playing, then so much the better.

2. Super Potato in Akihabara. All the games you can ever shake a stick at.

3. Akihabara in general. There was a shop that had nothing but collectible and rare giant robots like Mazinger Z in it.

4. The food! I've heard people say Japanese food isn't that good, but I found it was amazing quality and super tasty.

5. Yoyogi park. So much cool stuff in there, from the Harajuku end with girls flitting about in cosplay costumes to the archery to Aikido schools in the park itself and everything else going on in there.

You will love it :).

Womb rocks, don't listen to your fantasy girl!

My Tokyo top 5:

1. Ageha in Shin Kiba. If you can time it so Kevin Saunderson and Ken Ishii are playing, then so much the better.

2. Super Potato in Akihabara. All the games you can ever shake a stick at.

3. Akihabara in general. There was a shop that had nothing but collectible and rare giant robots like Mazinger Z in it.

4. The food! I've heard people say Japanese food isn't that good, but I found it was amazing quality and super tasty.

5. Yoyogi park. So much cool stuff in there, from the Harajuku end with girls flitting about in cosplay costumes to the archery to Aikido schools in the park itself and everything else going on in there.

You will love it :).

Didn't experience 1 and 5 but I wholeheartedly vouch for the rest.

Archived