IGNORED

Autechre Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest AlexPallas

Guest qb0dp

Hey Guys,

I've got the Breezeblock Mix (BBC Radio1 01.04.03) on a Minidisc but can rip it to flac if anyone is interested...

Just let me know, i've seen an mp3 version floating around but i don't know what it sounds like.

Guest uiert

Cheers

Does anyone have the broadcast from the time around the release of Quaristice ?

Loving the new album, waiting for the LPs to arrive..

Absolutely the best quote from that interview

If NASA ever decide to repeat their grandiose publicity stunt of 1977, which saw them launch the famous Voyager Gold Discs into the depths of space, one imagines that Autechre's laser-etched, steel-enclosed deluxe edition of their 2008 album Quaristice should serve as sufficient payload to bluff any alien civilisation into believing that Earth is a planet that actually has its shit together.

also, this one is quite good

Music's only futuristic if you haven't heard it yet.

Absolutely the best quote from that interview

If NASA ever decide to repeat their grandiose publicity stunt of 1977, which saw them launch the famous Voyager Gold Discs into the depths of space, one imagines that Autechre's laser-etched, steel-enclosed deluxe edition of their 2008 album Quaristice should serve as sufficient payload to bluff any alien civilisation into believing that Earth is a planet that actually has its shit together.

also, this one is quite good

Music's only futuristic if you haven't heard it yet.

Guest qb0dp

So there's my contribution to this thread:here you'll find the mix autechre did for radio 1 back in 2003.(the file is 265mb)

The file is a wav (recorded to a minidisc digitally via a sky digibox then transfered to audacity as a wav file)

Enjoy

Cheers

Does anyone have the broadcast from the time around the release of Quaristice ?

Loving the new album, waiting for the LPs to arrive..

I've got the megamix they did for Mary Anne Hobbes BBC experimental in 2008 - I'll upload it and post a link in this thread when I get home from werk. It's fucking brilliant.

Guest Balance

So there's my contribution to this thread:here you'll find the mix autechre did for radio 1 back in 2003.(the file is 265mb)

The file is a wav (recorded to a minidisc digitally via a sky digibox then transfered to audacity as a wav file)

Enjoy

Thanks, downloading now.

That's a pretty good interview on both their parts, but I really disliked the tone of the article and the way the writer approached writing about them and what they were saying. I also wished they were asked more about Oversteps...

I mean, what we did get just makes me want to know a little more...

“Even though people are describing it as mellow because it’s a lot more melodic, the ideas are a bit deep,” Rob explains. “We need something with a bit of power or energy or force to it despite the frequencies.”

“I wouldn’t call it ambient,” Sean adds. “My idea of what ambient music and our new album are is a million miles away from each other. It grew and got demoed loads just by us listening to it on headphones and taking train journeys. And all the ones that were our favourites fitted that.”

i thought it was pretty shit. Also i don't like how the Autechres keep mystifying this magical "programming" thing. "Yeah i'm not going to talk about it because your readers wouldn't get it". It's ass. You're not talking about it cause you're being a superstar magician who doesn't want to reveal that their secret tricks are disappointingly simple:

If you are doing THAT then I’ll do THIS, and if THIS happens then THIS action will happen.’ We’ve been programming stuff like this for twelve years.”

lol? Autechre have been using if/else for 12 years? fucking hell.

Though i can understand how for a Max user conditionals are a high level issue. :facepalm:

Edited by Guest

i thought it was pretty shit. Also i don't like how the Autechres keep mystifying this magical "programming" thing. "Yeah i'm not going to talk about it because your readers wouldn't get it". It's ass. You're not talking about it cause you're being a superstar magician who doesn't want to reveal that their secret tricks are disappointingly simple:

If you are doing THAT then I’ll do THIS, and if THIS happens then THIS action will happen.’ We’ve been programming stuff like this for twelve years.”

lol? Autechre have been using if/else for 12 years? fucking hell.

Though i can understand how for a Max user conditionals are a high level issue. :facepalm:

What's if/else?

I'd like the hear more about this programming business, and why you object to how Sean discusses it... If it's not too boring for yer average reader, that is. ;-)

hah that's the thing, Booth/Brown do not discuss their programming business at all. They just drop obscure hints about some dark computer magick, for example that they use a "system with inputs and outputs". wow, amazing. Later on Sean dodges by saying their own midi-sync technique isn't exactly exciting to talk about. True, midi sync is boring as fuck, so aren't there any exciting things they're doing with Max then instead?

if/else is simply a basic conditional for structuring code and i think it's what Sean is trying to describe in that quote…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_(programming)#If-Then.28-Else.29

it's a bit as if you asked a painter about his/her techniques and she replies along the lines of: "derp, take brush, like, brush canvas".

Guest uiert
Guest theSun

if/else statements are pretty basic logical systems, my guess is that they have a lot of simple, maybe boring systems hooked up to each other in strange ways. that stuff can get dry and complicated right quick just because there's probably a lot of subtleties within the setups.

maybe i'm just unskilled and easily distractable, but i always shit out something strange when i try to employ techniques i suspect ae are using. that's part of the fun of ae!

Can someone tell me which is the opening track on the 2005 montreal set? Thanks

February 4th (extended outro), by Ace Boogie

PM if you want link

:rhubear3:

sick new avatar bubba