IGNORED

Forgotten IDM producers

Poimandres

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lexaunculpt and Brothomstates are they way biggest losses for me.

As for Alex Graham, I'll always be thankful for Oddrey Merged and Le Elancholia.

µ was the wrong label for his masterpiece. And maybe he was a bit late after all. But still, a masterpiece is a masterpiece.

Did anyone ever mention Redcell?

Board member vproc showed me this album quite awhile back. It's nice.

Love B12 - key figures in the transition of techno to ambient and IDM back in the early 90s. Redcell, Musicology, Cmetric, etc were all aliases for their compilation appearances, much the same way RDJ made tracks as Soit P.P., Diceman, Blue Calx, etc. B12 released some tracks a few years ago after years of silence in the late 90s/early 2000s, the last one in 2008 I believe.

He certainly hasnt gone anywhere, but I feel that the earlier albums of Aoki Takamasa are a bit overlooked. Silicom and Indigo Rose, in particular, I find to be simply masterful, some of my favorite idm from the late-golden-age early 2000's\

Guest onesixoneight

I can't believe not a single person has mentioned this man. WTF?

Steve Pickton aka Stasis, Paul W Teebrooke, Phenomyna etc.

Dreamy soulful melodic dense - totally worth checking.

I thought he'd already been mentioned.. Seems not

Anyway, Stasis, responsible for some of the key moments, milestones of early UK Electronica.

If any of you don't own this record, well, tut tut..

R-47106-1262848416.jpeg

[youtubehd]CX8pA8oE72U[/youtubehd]

Curiously, I could never get into the two Stasis LPs (Inspiration and From The Old To the New), they always seemed a bit anaemic. But the EPs and compilation tracks, they are magical.

Bringing me neatly onto Stasis associates Likemind Records, and Nuron. I ask this question every couple of years or so, but never any answer. What happened to Nuron? 12 or so tracks released in a short period of time, then nothing. Every one of those 12 tracks is really, really superb, and he should have been much more famous than he was. The Likemind series are the only records I'll never part with.

Nuron - Eau Rouge (Discogs)

[youtubehd]sCa2TQJa0gk[/youtubehd]

I thought he'd already been mentioned.. Seems not

Anyway, Stasis, responsible for some of the key moments, milestones of early UK Electronica.

If any of you don't own this record, well, tut tut..

R-47106-1262848416.jpeg

[youtubehd]CX8pA8oE72U[/youtubehd]

Curiously, I could never get into the two Stasis LPs (Inspiration and From The Old To the New), they always seemed a bit anaemic. But the EPs and compilation tracks, they are magical.

Bringing me neatly onto Stasis associates Likemind Records, and Nuron. I ask this question every couple of years or so, but never any answer. What happened to Nuron? 12 or so tracks released in a short period of time, then nothing. Every one of those 12 tracks is really, really superb, and he should have been much more famous than he was. The Likemind series are the only records I'll never part with.

Nuron - Eau Rouge (Discogs)

[youtubehd]sCa2TQJa0gk[/youtubehd]

nuron is fucking awesome, stasis too, i love all the likemind shit, criminally underrated

Lexaunculpt and Brothomstates are they way biggest losses for me.

As for Alex Graham, I'll always be thankful for Oddrey Merged and Le Elancholia.

µ was the wrong label for his masterpiece. And maybe he was a bit late after all. But still, a masterpiece is a masterpiece.

:beer:

Did anyone ever mention Redcell?

Board member vproc showed me this album quite awhile back. It's nice.

Love B12 - key figures in the transition of techno to ambient and IDM back in the early 90s. Redcell, Musicology, Cmetric, etc were all aliases for their compilation appearances, much the same way RDJ made tracks as Soit P.P., Diceman, Blue Calx, etc. B12 released some tracks a few years ago after years of silence in the late 90s/early 2000s, the last one in 2008 I believe.

Yeah, I did get a bit confused when looking it up on discogs under what name to put it under, because it seemed like the same people used a different name for a bunch of songs on the same compilation. Thanks.

Galerie Stratique is a guy that I know. he still makes music, did some amazing stuff recently, his last full album is from 2008, check out his bandcamp http://galeriestratique.bandcamp.com/

also, he did a track with me on my lastest album (http://arbee.bandcamp.com/album/filtre-naturel) and a remix here (https://soundcloud.com/recycledplastics/arbee-safnk-galerie-stratique).

I love his work so much.

Guest onesixoneight

Phew im glad its not just me that remembered Stasis, and im with anyone that appreciates As One and B12, all three very much deserving their own subforums.

I will add that the two Stasis lps are worth some investment they are both very deep.

'Inspiration' is the true Stasis sound, a little diluted in places but very rewarding eg; Sound file no.64.

'From the old to the new' is just that, an evolution of the sound-in a jazzy direction.

I'm dropping in to say I terribly miss Arovane and Bola. Please come back!

What happened to Bola?

From his Facebook, not 20 mins. ago.

"‎2008......2013

I figure 5 years of relative inactivity is an adequate musical absence.

New music will be produced and released this year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR."

Ah, Stasis, Inspiration is a great album. Any one listen to his Soul 223 project?

Expanding Records had some good little gems, Vessel's first album was pretty good.

Spezialmaterial used to be really good, Solarium, Intricate...

Archived