IGNORED

Untilted

Redruth

Untilted was 2005, no?

Correct.

Shit, feels like ages ago. But it still has arguably the most aggressive percussion of any release. I still remember that transition in LCC when the track starts to break from the drum loop and goes full-on attack mode just before it relaxes into that slow, old school hip hop style beat and the pads kick in. How tf they managed to sequence that is incredible.

tumblr_inline_p99v84putb1v0inuy_500.gif

there are definitely some great ideas here, but a lot of these tracks are overly indulgent and should have been trimmed down. personally I would have preferred it if they had honed this into a nice focused ep. there's just too much aimless jamming here for my taste. Untilted is good, it's just obviously not on the same level as Cavity Job.

The Holy trinity : the field, the draft and the ted

Stage 2 Peak AE

16 years, and Untilted - unlike me - hasn't aged an hour

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

Really tho it still sounds fresh you right

41 fucking years  :blush:

...and yes, i'm wrong, untilted is 14 years old, but it is far from puberty, it still has to lose its milk teeth

there are definitely some great ideas here, but a lot of these tracks are overly indulgent and should have been trimmed down. personally I would have preferred it if they had honed this into a nice focused ep. there's just too much aimless jamming here for my taste. Untilted is good, it's just obviously not on the same level as Cavity Job.

:rolleyes:

Stage 2 Peak AE

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

...and yes, i'm wrong, untilted is 14 years old, but it is far from puberty, it still has to lose its milk teeth

photo-19012.jpg

looks like you might be older than 41 to me  :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by auxien

yah they were really on point in that era

Which era was that again, when they weren't on point? ;) :D

The Other Trinities

The bula, the amber and the tri

The slide, the 5 and the 7

The tice, the steps and the xi

The seq, the live and the sesh

Untilted was 2005, no?

Correct.

Shit, feels like ages ago. But it still has arguably the most aggressive percussion of any release. I still remember that transition in LCC when the track starts to break from the drum loop and goes full-on attack mode just before it relaxes into that slow, old school hip hop style beat and the pads kick in. How tf they managed to sequence that is incredible.

I remember some breakcore producer (Venetian Snares probably) saying this is one of their favourite albums. And I don't wonder because the drum programming is just fucking incredible.

Also generally it has that feel like being done on an old school tracker with the minute details all manually worked in. The dryness and crunchiness just adds to the feeling.

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time. but realistically, I guess its unfair to expect them to keep making masterpieces of the level of Lego Feet.

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time. but realistically, I guess its unfair to expect them to keep making masterpieces of the level of Lego Feet.
Flol

I sometimes get the sense that Portishead's "Machine Gun" from Third (2008) was a little inspired by Untilted (among other things).

Edited by Roo

Stage 2 Peak AE

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

photo-19012.jpg

looks like you might be older than 41 to me  :emotawesomepm9:

Well, if you average between the two dead and the child, it could be a figure of ... 50 years? Which is more or less what I feel on me in this days.

The two dead count as one, based on the assumption that death is uncountable...

For untildet: sublimit and Ipacial are high peaks, but the acme I believe must be aknowledged for Augmatic. The Aeverest.

in a thread about elektron gear, someone as a guest (sean apparently) wrote this:

blyz castl was done by rob with an mpc using some machinedrum samples amongst others.

melody on chenc 9 is from nord lead.

drums on perlence are mpc.

90101 is mostly mpc and nord lead.

that snare from the live set (lcc etc), thats machinedrum.

simm, well its not monomachine, a clue is in the name, also fermium is same machine mostly.

pro radii is samples, field recording, cut up and played on mpc, (akai filters).

discuss!

Simm and fermium was made with the same machine apparently... which could it be?

Discuss2!!!

• 2 weeks later...

in a thread about elektron gear, someone as a guest (sean apparently) wrote this:

blyz castl was done by rob with an mpc using some machinedrum samples amongst others.

melody on chenc 9 is from nord lead.

drums on perlence are mpc.

90101 is mostly mpc and nord lead.

that snare from the live set (lcc etc), thats machinedrum.

simm, well its not monomachine, a clue is in the name, also fermium is same machine mostly.

pro radii is samples, field recording, cut up and played on mpc, (akai filters).

discuss!

Simm and fermium was made with the same machine apparently... which could it be?

Discuss2!!!

my brain no work much good lately but i'm curious too

Whatas simmm?!?!?! God !!! At first i thought simulated monomachine like sampling monomachine with mpc or even machindrum uw but that doesnt make any sense now.

According to this gear list they've got two Simmons machines they've used. One is a mixer (midi controlled mixer with patch saving? pretty cool device probably!) but of course the more likely is the Simmons SDE, a 4-voice FM drum expansion ....something? Can't find much info on it exactly. Given that it's FM and both of those tracks have a bit of that flavor to them I'm thinking that might be it. Read someone on Gearslutz saying the SDE was a bitch and a half to program, hence maybe them being a bit coy about it? Could be totally off, can't seem to find any audio samples of the SDE to compare to what we're hearing in the tracks, but they sound FM to my ears.

Thing I can't even figure out is what the SDE 'expansion' went with even, since there's seemingly a fair amount going on in both tracks. Also maybe 'simmm' clue in the name is a little too on the nose with Simmons? idk

Sean, Rob?

Edited by auxien
  • Thanks 1