IGNORED

Untilted

Redruth

generally it has that feel like being done on an old school tracker with the minute details all manually worked in. The dryness and crunchiness just adds to the feeling.

The Elektron sequencer is basically a hardware tracker—they have ties to the demoscene, so no doubt the tracker workflow influenced the development of the sequencers.

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time. 

lol if you think sublimit doesn't change over time then maybe you're listening to a fake

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time.

lol if you think sublimit doesn't change over time then maybe you're listening to a fake

actually I figured out the other day that 'Sublimit' is just a sample of 'Basscadet' timestretched to 15 min. pretty lazy if you ask me.

Edited by Guest

hello everything has to have one of the most sickening album cover + title combinations in history. never listened to it though.

• 6 months later...

the two different font sizes used for "Autechre Untilted" all over the artwork has always bugged me. looks fucking stupid and annoying. love the art otherwise (and the alternate art that Rutterford has posted is cool too)

R-414646-1272298753.jpeg.jpg

anyway good great album tho, why is this thread only 13 pages long. wtf

Edited by auxien

17 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

IT'S BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT

from now on instead of sinning i will instead post about Untilted. expect this thread to get much longer very quickly. :dadjoke:

21 hours ago, auxien said:

the two different font sizes used for "Autechre Untilted" all over the artwork has always bugged me. looks fucking stupid and annoying. love the art otherwise (and the alternate art that Rutterford has posted is cool

Agreed, definitely the weakest typographically. The artwork otherwise is superb and really suits the music

21 hours ago, auxien said:
Edited by BUNKUM
Repeats of repeating

What! The Draft 7.30 artwork is a masterpiece. The post-Exai tDR stuff pales in comparison imo (and I'm a tDR fanboy).

Also, the Untilted typography works for me, the cap height of the smaller type matches the x height of the larger type. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, modey said:

The Draft 7.30 artwork is a masterpiece.

It's easy on the eyes in itself fo sho but doesn't really fit the mood of the record imo.

Terms springing to mind looking at the artwork: Bright, exalted, expansive, angelic.

Music: Dark, dense, intimate, claustrophobic even.

Dunno. Those greens are OK tho. Tape version = best version?

Untilted is spot on.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:14 PM, Chabraendeky said:

No originality at all.

image.jpeg.e8685b80dd3ced37dbefedfa7f0e8d0c.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

It's easy on the eyes in itself fo sho but doesn't really fit the mood of the record imo.

Terms springing to mind looking at the artwork: Bright, exalted, expansive, angelic.

Music: Dark, dense, intimate, claustrophobic even.

Dunno. Those greens are OK tho. Tape version = best version?

Untilted is spot on.

image.jpeg.e8685b80dd3ced37dbefedfa7f0e8d0c.jpeg

Yes, Oversteps reminds on Malevitch or on japanese kalligraphy. But not on other Ae covers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drillkicker said:

It's kind of funny that their only really good album cover is the one they made themselves.  Why are they even hiring designers ?

I think some of the tDR covers are great too. Tri Repetae, Chiastic Clide, LP5, Exai are great. Hell, I even like the covers of Quaristice and Oversteps covers a lot!

I think the only other cover that's on par with Confield is Cichlisuite.  Exai has a nice palette but it doesn't hold up to those other two.  Chiastic Slide just looks like an abstract map of New Zealand to me.