IGNORED

Untilted

Redruth

I remember an interview of that time, 2005 where SB was asked about favorite stuff of the moment and his answer was smth like "meh i don't dig this modern stuff much but mr. oizo moustache is awesome". And Untilted actually feels like that, some kind of reinterpretation in 'chre style.

Huh, i must have missed that interview, Analog Worms Attack is possibly my favourite album, still so fresh to my ears 20 years on.

I remember an interview of that time, 2005 where SB was asked about favorite stuff of the moment and his answer was smth like "meh i don't dig this modern stuff much but mr. oizo moustache is awesome". And Untilted actually feels like that, some kind of reinterpretation in 'chre style.

I think he also said around that time that he was obsessed by J Dilla's Donuts.

Pass over your subforum badges, gentlemen, if you can't properly reference the WATMM? What's WATMM? infamous 2008 interview

And the actual quote went like this:

Moving away from your own material and gear, who do you guys listen to at the moment and what releases excited you or piqued your interest …you still listen to a lot of dub from the 1980’s?

[Laughs] I’m always listening to dub from the ‘80s, I’m the world’s biggest Scientist fan…I’m a total fuckin’ completist as well, I’m terrible. What really spun me out, was when we saw Rhythm & Sound at ATP (All Tomorrows Parties) and they were playing Scientist records that I’m sure were different to the versions I’ve got – I’m sure they’ve got access to some masters or some shit. That was really doing my head in, they’ve got records I’ve never heard before. I’m pretty old-school unfortunately, I tend to listen to a lot of old stuff– that must sound really boring to a kid – but the last thing I really liked were J Dilla’s Donuts and Mr Oizo - Moustache. I really like those records a lot, but would never do a proper sample based thing like that. I’m more into editing, than sampling, it doesn’t matter where the source came from, I’d prefer it was my own stuff really.

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/30687-interview-with-sean-booth/

• 4 weeks later...

Untilted is definitely my favorite. I was used to listening to Chiastic Slide and LP5 when that came out. Totally blew me away. It still stands out as one of their more energetic and well paced albums.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There was a recent reddit thread asking fans what their favorite ae drum tracks were. most users picked songs from Untilted. I've always been partial to 'Iera'. 

The Holy trinity : the field, the draft and the ted

Stage 2 Peak AE

16 years, and Untilted - unlike me - hasn't aged an hour

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

Really tho it still sounds fresh you right

Untilted was 2005, no?

Correct.

Shit, feels like ages ago. But it still has arguably the most aggressive percussion of any release. I still remember that transition in LCC when the track starts to break from the drum loop and goes full-on attack mode just before it relaxes into that slow, old school hip hop style beat and the pads kick in. How tf they managed to sequence that is incredible.

Edited by ambermonk