Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Untilted

Autechre Untilted

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 AJW

AJW

niterife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • 32 topics
  • Joined 15-September 09

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

I've always wanted to listen to pro radii in a pitch black padded room that maybe rotates and turns slowly, maybe you put on a padded bubble suit and step inside with others and bounce off each other as you listen to the track.

Haha yes! Could be part of an Autechre theme park

#202 Lexicon

Lexicon

• Supporting Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • 0 topics
  • Joined 30-January 14

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

I've always wanted to listen to pro radii in a pitch black padded room that maybe rotates and turns slowly, maybe you put on a padded bubble suit and step inside with others and bounce off each other as you listen to the track.

Haha yes! Could be part of an Autechre theme park

They should set this up in the middle of Dollywood. Now that would be a trip. "Mommy, that ride had nothing to do with Dolly or country music, but it was soo much fun!"

#203 barbara planar

barbara planar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • 18 topics
  • Joined 13-February 06

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

maybe it's my stereo setup, but this album sounds fucking great at high volume--so dry and full, it's massive-sounding without hurting the ears. anybody get a similar impression?

#204 Overand

Overand

Recently Joined

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • 17 topics
  • Joined 04-May 08

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:51 PM

Been on a bit of an AE binge lately and while this isn't my favorite album of theirs I do find it to be one of their most consistent in terms of overall track quality throughout the album. It's also (IMO) the last album they made that doesn't feel like there's either a lot of fat and excess or a distinct highlight v filler discrepancy, especially considering the sheer volume of material that would accompany each release period after Untilted. 

Pro Radii is one of the first tracks of theirs I remember hearing when I discovered them around 2006 along with Doctrine and Clipper  and thinking "Who the fuck are these people?" Always been impressed with how massive that track can sound without peaking or warping the speakers.

Edited by Overand, 01 February 2017 - 11:52 PM.

#205 xox

xox

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,354 posts
  • 3 topics
  • Joined 08-April 08

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

wow! how did you know about this track? 

#206 mokz

mokz

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • 34 topics
  • Joined 08-August 11
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/omzk
  • 3DS Friend Code:3351-4161-1506

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

wow! how did you know about this track? 

So, lol, they cut this to samples and created a new track out of that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Autechre, Untilted