Sign in to follow this  
Redruth

Untilted

I kinda like how dry it is, it's almost like their ...And Justice For All, even down to the more proggy structures lol

lol!

yeah, it's deffo their proggiest, with quaristice being the punkish answer to it.

Agreed on the dryness and the Q being punkish follow up after, Confield feels a little more 'prog' than Ted imo tho, both are definitely playing in those same spaces.

Confield and Draft felt much more wet and bassy, I think maybe Untilted was a drift back away from that. Like Stickfigger said, it's almost skeletal, it's stripping back the presentation (usually). Ted is more nude.

I don't think I've taken the CD out of my car in years. I listen to it pretty regularly, sorta switch between it and Draft as my 'i dunno what to listen to but i want grooves' go-to.

I would absolutely love to hear what else they were doing around this time period. Untilted+ reissue with outtakes pls :)

my fav too. of course it’s the only album without any eps

Seriously! What a sham! Fuckin' ripoff!!  :catrage:

[...] Confield feels a little more 'prog' than Ted imo tho, both are definitely playing in those same spaces. [...]

The key features that qualify Ted for most proggy are scope and multitude of shifts within tracks, quite narrative in that regard. Confield might be able to keep up in general complexity, but tracks are more monolithic.

imo.

I kinda like how dry it is, it's almost like their ...And Justice For All, even down to the more proggy structures lol

I feel another autallica photoshop coming on

I love the digital dryness. Makes it sound very clean, punchy and detailed.

Untlitilited is just perfect imo

Being percussive as it is imagine if it was any more bassy and wet how fatiguing it’d be. Sammybob knows his stuff!

Like i said the respective live sets are similarly percussive but sound alot better to me.

Whatevs. Glad ppl can dig it.

[...] the digital dryness [...] Makes it sound very clean, punchy and detailed.

Can agree on clean and detailed. Punchy not so much.

Being percussive as it is imagine if it was any more bassy and wet how fatiguing it’d be.

Would love to hear Iera (my fav+ off Ted) with the fat-assnes of, say, spTh. Quite confident i could take it. :3

I remember an interview of that time, 2005 where SB was asked about favorite stuff of the moment and his answer was smth like "meh i don't dig this modern stuff much but mr. oizo moustache is awesome". And Untilted actually feels like that, some kind of reinterpretation in 'chre style.

I remember an interview of that time, 2005 where SB was asked about favorite stuff of the moment and his answer was smth like "meh i don't dig this modern stuff much but mr. oizo moustache is awesome". And Untilted actually feels like that, some kind of reinterpretation in 'chre style.

I think he also said around that time that he was obsessed by J Dilla's Donuts.

Huh, i must have missed that interview, Analog Worms Attack is possibly my favourite album, still so fresh to my ears 20 years on.

I think he also said around that time that he was obsessed by J Dilla's Donuts.

Pass over your subforum badges, gentlemen, if you can't properly reference the WATMM? What's WATMM? infamous 2008 interview

And the actual quote went like this:

Moving away from your own material and gear, who do you guys listen to at the moment and what releases excited you or piqued your interest …you still listen to a lot of dub from the 1980’s?

[Laughs] I’m always listening to dub from the ‘80s, I’m the world’s biggest Scientist fan…I’m a total fuckin’ completist as well, I’m terrible. What really spun me out, was when we saw Rhythm & Sound at ATP (All Tomorrows Parties) and they were playing Scientist records that I’m sure were different to the versions I’ve got – I’m sure they’ve got access to some masters or some shit. That was really doing my head in, they’ve got records I’ve never heard before. I’m pretty old-school unfortunately, I tend to listen to a lot of old stuff– that must sound really boring to a kid – but the last thing I really liked were J Dilla’s Donuts and Mr Oizo - Moustache. I really like those records a lot, but would never do a proper sample based thing like that. I’m more into editing, than sampling, it doesn’t matter where the source came from, I’d prefer it was my own stuff really.

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/30687-interview-with-sean-booth/

I'm sorry

Smh. At myselb.

Actually found a different interview where he mentions it from the same time that I don't think I'd read before.

O yeah it's the one where he talks about DP and a C1000.

Lots of words have been eaten since that interview haha. Keep milking it!

Moustache is a  brilliant album. The snares on the Quaristice tour blatantly inspired by Latex.

calling this album 'Ted' feels very wrong and i hope it doesnt continue.

imo

Ted and I are in love and it's real and there's nothing you can do to stop that!!!!

IFT

IFT = I Far Ted ?

Untilted is definitely my favorite. I was used to listening to Chiastic Slide and LP5 when that came out. Totally blew me away. It still stands out as one of their more energetic and well paced albums.

49203450_346164129448623_440685456561012

Well. I stil love it but i feel that i have to go further too.

49203450_346164129448623_440685456561012

lol coz both ted and Exai are tied as my favourite ae albums

have been rediscovering this over the past days. Always liked it but listening to this intensively with fresh ears after having heard elseq and NTS Sessions this makes even more sense

There was a recent reddit thread asking fans what their favorite ae drum tracks were. most users picked songs from Untilted. I've always been partial to 'Iera'. 

ipacial section is my favorite ae track

Until Ted