Sign in to follow this  
Redruth

Untilted

Posted (edited)

I sometimes get the sense that Portishead's "Machine Gun" from Third (2008) was a little inspired by Untilted (among other things).

Edited by Roo

untilted is definitely the best ae record from a lyrical standpoint. augmatic disport makes me cry evrytiem

yes the lyrics are  ace  i do cry all so

The Holy trinity : the field, the draft and the ted

Stage 2 Peak AE

16 years, and Untilted - unlike me - hasn't aged an hour

Agreed

You’re looking old

;)

Really tho it still sounds fresh you right

41 fucking years  :blush:

...and yes, i'm wrong, untilted is 14 years old, but it is far from puberty, it still has to lose its milk teeth

photo-19012.jpg

looks like you might be older than 41 to me  :emotawesomepm9:

Well, if you average between the two dead and the child, it could be a figure of ... 50 years? Which is more or less what I feel on me in this days.

The two dead count as one, based on the assumption that death is uncountable...

For untildet: sublimit and Ipacial are high peaks, but the acme I believe must be aknowledged for Augmatic. The Aeverest.

untilted is definitely the best ae record from a lyrical standpoint. augmatic disport makes me cry evrytiem

The bit about the bowl of crisps really tugs at my heartstrings

autechre are always on point, they were just especially on point in the confield-draft 7.30-untilted era.

hey! wadbaad quaristckstec?!

umm... I like Quaristice

in a thread about elektron gear, someone as a guest (sean apparently) wrote this:

blyz castl was done by rob with an mpc using some machinedrum samples amongst others.

melody on chenc 9 is from nord lead.

drums on perlence are mpc.

90101 is mostly mpc and nord lead.

that snare from the live set (lcc etc), thats machinedrum.

simm, well its not monomachine, a clue is in the name, also fermium is same machine mostly.

pro radii is samples, field recording, cut up and played on mpc, (akai filters).

discuss!

Simm and fermium was made with the same machine apparently... which could it be?

Discuss2!!!

in a thread about elektron gear, someone as a guest (sean apparently) wrote this:

blyz castl was done by rob with an mpc using some machinedrum samples amongst others.

melody on chenc 9 is from nord lead.

drums on perlence are mpc.

90101 is mostly mpc and nord lead.

that snare from the live set (lcc etc), thats machinedrum.

simm, well its not monomachine, a clue is in the name, also fermium is same machine mostly.

pro radii is samples, field recording, cut up and played on mpc, (akai filters).

discuss!

Simm and fermium was made with the same machine apparently... which could it be?

Discuss2!!!

my brain no work much good lately but i'm curious too

Whatas simmm?!?!?! God !!! At first i thought simulated monomachine like sampling monomachine with mpc or even machindrum uw but that doesnt make any sense now.

Posted (edited)

According to this gear list they've got two Simmons machines they've used. One is a mixer (midi controlled mixer with patch saving? pretty cool device probably!) but of course the more likely is the Simmons SDE, a 4-voice FM drum expansion ....something? Can't find much info on it exactly. Given that it's FM and both of those tracks have a bit of that flavor to them I'm thinking that might be it. Read someone on Gearslutz saying the SDE was a bitch and a half to program, hence maybe them being a bit coy about it? Could be totally off, can't seem to find any audio samples of the SDE to compare to what we're hearing in the tracks, but they sound FM to my ears.

Thing I can't even figure out is what the SDE 'expansion' went with even, since there's seemingly a fair amount going on in both tracks. Also maybe 'simmm' clue in the name is a little too on the nose with Simmons? idk

Sean, Rob?

Edited by auxien

generally it has that feel like being done on an old school tracker with the minute details all manually worked in. The dryness and crunchiness just adds to the feeling.

The Elektron sequencer is basically a hardware tracker—they have ties to the demoscene, so no doubt the tracker workflow influenced the development of the sequencers.

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time. 

lol if you think sublimit doesn't change over time then maybe you're listening to a fake

lucky tneuvm gets a surprise new autechre album, Untilted !!!

Posted (edited)

hey--if sprawling, repetitive jams like 'sublimit' are your thing, that's great. personally though I miss when they made tracks that actually change over time.

lol if you think sublimit doesn't change over time then maybe you're listening to a fake

actually I figured out the other day that 'Sublimit' is just a sample of 'Basscadet' timestretched to 15 min. pretty lazy if you ask me.

Edited by tneuvm

untilted was one of the first releases where i was getting into electronic music and noticed fake leaks going around seemingly being a thing. also Analord 9. 

I remember lolling thinking Hello Everything was a fake but then realised it wasn't.

yeah. i seemingly remember someone on zilty (forget who) who was convinced the leaks got mixed up and clark's body riddle was squarepusher ?? lol

I remember lolling thinking Hello Everything was a fake but then realised it wasn't.

And now it's your favourite Squarepusher album, am I right?

Your answer is , incorrect . Please try again.

lol

hello everything has to have one of the most sickening album cover + title combinations in history. never listened to it though.

it's got some good stuff on it. Welcome to Europe is a very nice track

good to know!