IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Mannequins is nice.

ooh that is nice, sounds like a mid 90s bowie instrumental outtake :) 

this is cool, l dig her work for sure.

^^^ don't you mean reed hastings? btw: irl they were swiftly taken care of by viacom

Yeah, I don't know why I thought of Amazon. I guess it's because they now do practically everything except insurance and medical care. Coming in the next decade, I guess.

I love watching these really early 90s videos, how companies seemed to think they had the future all worked out.

^^^ don't you mean reed hastings? btw: irl they were swiftly taken care of by viacom

Yeah, I don't know why I thought of Amazon. I guess it's because they now do practically everything except insurance and medical care. Coming in the next decade, I guess.

I love watching these really early 90s videos, how companies seemed to think they had the future all worked out.

maybe you thought amazon coz jeff bezos is now the richest guy on planet earth?

btw: i also love watching those early videos and learning about the history of technology. for example: blockbusters main idea was to deliver movies, video games and music digitally to any customer- but because they knew this was impossible at the time (and would kill their brick & mortar stores) they settled for digitizing all content then having it their kiosks because it would save space. sort of like early mail-in netflix mixed with redbox. no studio in hollywood wanted a part in it.

so i'm wondering whether that's where netflix and redbox got those patents- because blockbuster bought them from another company- then eventually got bought by viacom who then scratched the whole idea of doing mail-in vhs movies

this is fucking AWESOME, look at those shapes and colors 

i especially lubbed the music in the beginning part. 

btw: i also love watching those early videos and learning about the history of technology. for example: blockbusters main idea was to deliver movies, video games and music digitally to any customer- but because they knew this was impossible at the time (and would kill their brick & mortar stores) they settled for digitizing all content then having it their kiosks because it would save space. sort of like early mail-in netflix mixed with redbox. no studio in hollywood wanted a part in it.

so i'm wondering whether that's where netflix and redbox got those patents- because blockbuster bought them from another company- then eventually got bought by viacom who then scratched the whole idea of doing mail-in vhs movies

Yeah, these sort of videos are incredible from a historical standpoint. When you look at how things in media and entertainment have changed in only twenty years or so. 

If I was a young consumer now, I'd be very wary of buying into any vision from Apple, Google, Facebook and all the others. They all impart that same sort of confidence and barely concealed arrogance - so sure that they have things all figured out

Just like Blockbusters and so many others that are now just a part of history.

Yeah, these sort of videos are incredible from a historical standpoint. When you look at how things in media and entertainment have changed in only twenty years or so. 

If I was a young consumer now, I'd be very wary of buying into any vision from Apple, Google, Facebook and all the others. They all impart that same sort of confidence and barely concealed arrogance - so sure that they have things all figured out

Just like Blockbusters and so many others that are now just a part of history.

Nebraska, yes music goes without saying! haha totally tubular

And yeah, its funny seeing these predictions and all the confidence.. i would love to see a tech giant or corporation that admits it has no idea where things are gonna go, like some sort of absurdist take on futurism. Im sure we will all look back on Apple's cockiness and its attempt to humanize itself, and kinda gag in our mouths a lil bit. whereever we end up in the future, im sure we'll see things pretty differently from a tech/convenience standpoint. when these "things" are all obsolete, they'll lose all their sexy/charm factor, and we'll have the last laugh. 

Edited by Lane Visitor

I'd given up on this ever happening - the guy who runs OESB mentioned it to me nearly a year ago.

Wow, that's crazy. Looks like he came through, or at least on the pre-order front. 

I was very hesitant to pull the trigger cuz who knows if this an authentic/Vektroid approved pressing. But I went with it, and figured even if not, it will be hard to have passed up on. 

i don't really listen to this stuff anymore so this is kind of off topic but i've been following this guy's youtube channel for a bit now. he has a series called "dead malls" where he goes to east coast shitholes that have closed/are closing or have been abandoned and it's all very vaporwave and nostalgic and slightly creepy. good channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZFOhp6ustA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ggeeyfJmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78geZglBiQ

this thread is big so forgive me if this has been posted already

Edited by zaphod