IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Vaporwave starter kit

Not sure if I've already shared this.

From a low-end, mid 90s royalty free clip art CD-Rom.

This is awesome!

I remember coming across a website of archived early 90s CD-Rom media packs and such. One included like tame but mesmerizing pixelart / highly compressed swimsuit model pics. 

Edited by joshuatx

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=945212511 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=1261681851]

Ahhh, that's really nice. I've heard other Pool Boy stuff but not that one. Great!

• 2 weeks later...

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=4009021029 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=1970907499]

In close to ten years of music, Mediafired has only one album and a handful of scattered tracks to his credit, and yet his achievement towers gigantically over that of his more prolific contemporaries.

The first time I heard 'Tender Age', I thought 'Well, everyone else can just pack up and go home now.'

MediaFired™ might very well be the most overlooked and underrated vaporwave project. That said kids seem pretty unaware of 骨架的 as well compared to say Blank Banshee or HKE

EEG Programs is pretty obscure as well but name-checked by a lot of early vaporwave folks.

I really don't know what is about that album. It's the way all the borrowed samples are re-imagined in such a thoughtful way. They sound utterly majestic, far out-weighing their original worth. It's like he has a knack of elevating the mundane, middle-of-the-road tracks he chooses, letting them swell, mix and collide in a way that's totally intoxicating. It's not really vapourware, or maybe it is. I don't know. Whenever I hear that album, It feels like he created another sub-genre and he is travelling that landscape alone. Obviously, there are lots of other great artists in the vaporwave genre but for me, his one single album stands alone as the pinnacle of what can be achieved.

I really don't know what is about that album. It's the way all the borrowed samples are re-imagined in such a thoughtful way. They sound utterly majestic, far out-weighing their original worth. It's like he has a knack of elevating the mundane, middle-of-the-road tracks he chooses, letting them swell, mix and collide in a way that's totally intoxicating. It's not really vapourware, or maybe it is. I don't know. Whenever I hear that album, It feels like he created another sub-genre and he is travelling that landscape alone. Obviously, there are lots of other great artists in the vaporwave genre but for me, his one single album stands alone as the pinnacle of what can be achieved.

Agreed, Mediafired is top notch!

• 2 weeks later...