IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

this will be the most vaporeware song I'll ever do, and it still probably doesn't classify. Ambient music made from plundered synthesizer recordings from 1955-1985

This is better than anything on the new OPN record, and most of what I've heard from this genre (which I'm still in disbelief over). Cheers.

Edited by Deion Sanders

this will be the most vaporeware song I'll ever do, and it still probably doesn't classify. Ambient music made from plundered synthesizer recordings from 1955-1985

This is better than anything on the new OPN record, and most of what I've heard from this genre (which I'm still in disbelief over). Cheers.

wow that is an excellent track!!!!!

Guest jasondonervan

I dig it. I think it veers more towards new age than hard and fast VW, in fact to me it feels thematically similar to early OPN, at least to some degree. Good job!

----------

Calling the Vapors on this one. Start it at 3:07 onwards, unless you want to be bombarded with 'tada!'s:

Not just for the startup/shutdown nostalgia, but how each one is coldly isolated, and in several cases repeated due to a stack of different versions using the same sound. This video was posted in 2009, and in a strange way almost legitimises itself into the Vaporwave fold by unintentionally exhibiting genre convention long before there even was a genre. Slam it on to one side of a C15 with a collage sleeve of Windows logo designs through the ages, job done.

point ????

he just doesn't get it man, this shit's real

It's just funny because that is the only comment and they have a tina turner avatar. Someone who has no context at all stumbling on it in search of the regular version, it's a beautiful thing.

so when people have slowed down and DJ screwed just about every song under the sun, will it become popular then to make hyper sped up versions of popular songs that literally sound like a fast fwd tape?

yeah they're already doing that

I actually fucking love this song. it's ace.

may be the absolute best/most crisp pop production ever imo.

Edited by Lane Visitor

^ jeezuz. ive never seen that video before. that hit me hard. lol im no flo rida fanboy or anything, but shit that was actually deep. i know hes a freakin lifestyle brand and all, but i just gained a tad more respect for the dude/his team.

Edited by Lane Visitor

so when people have slowed down and DJ screwed just about every song under the sun, will it become popular then to make hyper sped up versions of popular songs that literally sound like a fast fwd tape?

pretty sure the next big thing is gonna be people just playing hooks from songs at regular speed. lush

Dude, very nice! This is some awesome stuff.. Takes you on a journey for sure. Thanks for posting.

So, Donovan Hikaru had to do it again! ... This time, it's smokey (:

He typically never samples but this time, but he figured why not for fun. The sample used is from an obscure smooth jazz track from 1988 that he found. (Contains samples of Tim Heintz track "Hopscotch" from Searching The Heart LP, 1988 TBA records... as well as the voice of an auto service center employee from South Africa for extra weirdness).

The beat, editing, fx, pitch, looping, etc is all me... ahem, Donovan, though.

[sc5]122156110[/sc5]

Hope ya'll dig!

Edited by Lane Visitor

oh that's you? nice stuff

Yeah, "Donovan Hikaru" is one of my aliases (a project just for fun). Thanks man (: It's super fun to make this stuff. Your ambient work was nice as well... Confused by your Soundcloud- are you florescent grey or is that the name of the electronic compilation you "plundered"? (:

Edited by Lane Visitor

Yeah, "Donovan Hikaru" is one of my aliases (a project just for fun). Thanks man (: It's super fun to make this stuff. Your ambient work was nice as well... Confused by your Soundcloud- are you florescent grey or is that the name of the electronic compilation you "plundered"? (:

"On his latest, Donavan Hikaru has brought sidechaining to Vaporwave in a HUGE way. What's next for this trailblazing everyman?"

"On his latest, Donavan Hikaru has brought sidechaining to Vaporwave in a HUGE way. What's next for this trailblazing everyman?"

Lol! At the moment, he's in a man made eco-controlled rainforest, working on post-ambient RnB's answer to vapored out China Crisis,

whilst writing an abstract on the future of United Nations' Kaizan-inspired business techniques. Stay tuned.

^ That's yves netzhammer work was incredible! I sat there for the full 11 minutes, totally immersed.

the figures remind me of Mark Kostabi's art, a bit:

mark-kostabi.jpg

God-is-a-woman-who-watches-you-fail-OR-K

new_york_state_of_mind_orkos201281.jpg

sorry i had to add this one:

$_57.JPG

agreed, banshee keeps doing sick stuff!

Edited by Lane Visitor

^ That's yves netzhammer work was incredible! I sat there for the full 11 minutes, totally immersed.

the figures remind me of Mark Kostabi's art, a bit:

[pics]

true this looks related!

saw that Netzhammer thing in Venice back then, at first I lol'd but then I was like WTF... a masterful dramatic / defeatist kitsch overdose clusterfuck!

(the youtube is just an excerpt sadly, think it was something like 25 minutes)

Edited by Guest