IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

^ Oooh fun! Spritzer clinks :beer:

http://youtu.be/dmwt3ci06ig

^ yummy jazzy, trip hoppy, loungey vapors... I love this Lindsheaven album.. it's like DJ Shadow came into Luxury Elite's apartment, and said.. cut it out with that funk and disco, and let's make some tasty weather channel downtempo beats! ... still waiting for my Nordwrong cassette from 2060 records arrgghh

Edited by Lane Visitor

I downloaded most of the releases from this today. 32 page thread... Not sure if this label was posted yet: http://www.businesscasual87.biz/

Nice! Love that label.. Dystopian Chic is great... thanks for the post, you just inspired me to buy/reserve a cassette copy of Digital Office 2 (:

alright guys i just came up with the vaporwave of tomorrow.

spambient music

music composed entirely of samples taken from spam emails exported to text files & converted to audio. Nigerians Scams, forwards from grandma, etc. Tracks would be raw, no effects, no other elements. Just sample manipulation, with genre influences ranging from noise to minimalism to hip hop. Artists would have names like DJ BIGDIKK--PILZ and FW:OBAMA IS A MUSLIMGAUZE

Remixing would be very popular in this genre, with artists constantly creating nigh-unrecognizable reworkings of their peers' (and their own) work. A strict naming convention would be adhered to - ex. "Re:Re:Is your Pants Monster Large Enough?" would be a remix of a remix of the original radio hit.

Although purists refuse to acknowledge it, SpamFilter would be an even more popular spin off genre incorporating more synthesizers & traditional pop elements. Pitchfork gives AOTY2K24 to HD Movs With No Credit Card, the deeply personal third LP by hip hop artist IRL CAM TRANNIES, a 23yo Brooklyn native known for sourcing all his lyrics from emails with the word "pharma" in the header.

It's been awhile since vaporwave became a thing. Like, too long. We're overdue for the next short-lived one-off net genre. What is it gonna be? My inner hipster is going to be mad if I'm not listening to it before it gets big.