IGNORED

Autechre Ambient Playlist

kirm

Yeah hands off the Oversteps, totally different feel than any of the real aembient.

So is that your order or just a list of tracks you want to include? I personally would finish with Vletrmx21 as it's such a drastic mood changer, it's kind of impossible to recover from it and move on to another track.

If See on See ain't ambient then Cicada defo ain't.

An Autechre ambient album... what a boring idea. The mix of different styles is what makes them interesting anyway.

If See on See ain't ambient then Cicada defo ain't.

An Autechre ambient album... what a boring idea. The mix of different styles is what makes them interesting anyway.

See on See sure is ambient, but not AEmbient - imo. It doesn't have that desolate feel the other ae-tracks have. None of the Oversteps-tracks do. Though I admit Cicada has way more beats than I remembered...

Anyway, I think it's a good idea and not boring at all.

The ae-remixes are worth looking into! These two have kinda always been my favorites (of the ones I know, that is) - again, not beatless, but they have ambient passages.

Yeah hands off the Oversteps, totally different feel than any of the real aembient.

So is that your order or just a list of tracks you want to include? I personally would finish with Vletrmx21 as it's such a drastic mood changer, it's kind of impossible to recover from it and move on to another track.

yeah thats the order of the playlist, Vletrmx21 was the hardest track to place to be fair and not sure i got the order just right but it works for me.

And nothing boring about autechre ambient! such an awesome vibe, it was while listening to tri-repetae last weekend and overand came on and blew me away all over again that i thought an ambient autechre playlist would be a good idea.

and love that evolution of the beast remix, but is a bit to beat driven to be on ambient playlist i reckon. And dont think ive ever heard that skin up your already dead remix before so cheers for that!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I make exceptions like fitting Evolution of the Beast on ambient playlists... or say fitting in Windwind to create a certain feel. with those mentioned in the OP and thread + pt2ph8 + r ess + Youp + kryLon and Xektses sql. mostly start with altibzz and end with vletrmx or youp if i use it. all depends on mood and setting. Piobmx19 was mentioned right? I like to structure it like an album and thats why those Oversteps are there. Its all ambient. who considers SAW I as an ambient album? i don't, but is Brain Eno, or SAWII still the minimal benchmark for what people say is true ambient? it is 2013

• 1 year later...

Outh9x is an ambient masterpiece.

FUCK yes it is.

I love all the ambient Quaristices, but that one evokes the best images, ancient stone structures in deserts and stuff.

Woud love to know where I can find similar tracks to the ambient Quaristices, like perlence suns mmmmm

I don't think I'm going to make myself popular here by suggesting this:

Perlence Subrange 6-36

Well, I do remember the majority of WATMM hating this when it came out. Not sure if there are still some hostile sentime

I've started listening to Perlence Subrange 6-36 while reading through the A Song of Ice and Fire books. Pretty good ambient/background music for that purpose.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest narkotic

Complete agree with Perlence - esp. the long one at the tail of Quadrange EP. Stumbled on it the other night while on shuffle after getting really baked and melted into it.

• 3 years later...

Recently made a "y-" ae playlist;

1. Y7

2. Ylm0

3. yulquen

4. YJY UX

5. Yuop

Don't have Yeesland.

They all seem to be casual stipulate idle types, very closer friendly, some failed attempts at that or usurped for being too chill. The y cohort deserve more appreciation, been listening back to Move of Ten a lot this week and it almost feels like a live sequence of groovy variations cut from the same palette.

Archived