IGNORED

Burial - Truant / Rough Sleeper

Tauhid

Guest Aserinsky
where is the minecraft sample?

I can't hear any on Truant / Rough Sleeper, but he's sampled the sound of enderman at around 3:40 and 4:03 on Ashtray Wasp.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh snap

so how long do you give planet earth to produce a 'future garage' live indie pop act with female lead singer and live drummer doing side stick swung drumming through a fake vinyl record filter to exist?this is just a general question for anybody reading

• 3 weeks later...

always like everything he has done

new stuff included

funny that he is lumped into "dubstep" as i just hear it as soulful garage/2 step/ambient

after reading this interview i felt like …he is really in it for the right reasons and is a true romantic/music lover at heart.

there is a certain amount of ernest naiveté' and longing for the past ,a melancholy that is poignant

http://www.thewire.co.uk/in-writing/interviews/burial_unedited-transcript

Finally got around to actually buying this on CD. Truant was and is still not doing much for me, it kind of exemplifies the clichéd cheesy Burial which a few of you seem to hear in all of his stuff. Rough Sleeper makes up for it though, excellent track.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I had an hour to kill before going out tonight so I decided to put this 12" on while having a drink or two. For the first time, rough sleeper has really clicked with me. Most people seem to rate the second side, but there's something about the the first track that really does it for me... the way the bassline ties that vocal melody together, the overall twitchy melancholy of it, plus that it seems to be channelling sounds from jilted generation era prodigy... it's just a great, unique sounding track I reckon.

i've been meaning to gush regarding the 'rough sleeper', so thx u plees danshoebridge for your resurrection. the satisfaction i receive from this trac is hard to compare to other burial tracs. the bells, the chimes, the diverse percussion. the saxophone, the enya tone, the future new-age, white r&b radio, 80's, four tet influenced, weather worn, effervescent, static, texture filled moments in this are quite incredible. the endless arsenal of nostalgic artillery, rapid-firing repeatedly, not allowing for the time to catch one's breath

i've been meaning to gush regarding the 'rough sleeper', so thx u plees danshoebridge for your resurrection. the satisfaction i receive from this trac is hard to compare to other burial tracs. the bells, the chimes, the diverse percussion. the saxophone, the enya tone, the future new-age, white r&b radio, 80's, four tet influenced, weather worn, effervescent, static, texture filled moments in this are quite incredible. the endless arsenal of nostalgic artillery, rapid-firing repeatedly, not allowing for the time to catch one's breath

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

• 1 month later...

@10:31 that is a slowed down sample from the Flatliners soundtrack. I found this out because I watched it the other day and was like "where have I heard this??"

Both tracks are really great but the b-side is the one that hits home for me.

Now when is this next full length coming? Winter, obviously, but which one?

Well, if it comes out this year, 2013 will be the most unfuckwithable music year OF ALL TIME.

I love pretty much everything he's done. Besides the amazing ear for texture, mood and loose rhythm, he manages to make everything sound so natural and unforced and nothing ever sounds like it's in there to show off (like a phat bass or beat). Everything's just kind of...there.

Archived