IGNORED

Burial - Truant / Rough Sleeper

Tauhid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I really do hope he has a new album in the works, and not just singles and EP's. I think the last releases has been great, but I still love the album format and I think he's made two fantastic albums that really works as a whole, and miss that from Burial.

I stumbled upon the sample he used for Rough Sleeper the other week actually while looking at synth demos on youtube.

(3,27 in case this doesn't auto-seek properly on watmm)

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I stumbled upon the sample he used for Rough Sleeper the other week actually while looking at synth demos on youtube.

wow, what a lucky find!

Holy shit! What a find!

nice find. I find it kind of baffling though... I mean, I know he samples shit all the time, but when confronted with this particular example it just doesn't seem to compute for some reason. so he sampled it directly from that video? he would've manipulated it a fair bit to make it sound like it does on the track.

yeah, it's crazy. and the sample he used from flatliners (which I'll find and upload these days) is obviously it, but yet so different it doesn't make sense.

Edit the wave a little so the timing is tighter and fits the drums, pitch it down a few semi-tones, add a little reverb and voila, it's ready to be served.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jude

I love pretty much everything he's done. Besides the amazing ear for texture, mood and loose rhythm, he manages to make everything sound so natural and unforced and nothing ever sounds like it's in there to show off (like a phat bass or beat). Everything's just kind of...there.

Same here. Everything. The EPs. The re-mixes. The unreleased stuff (e.g. Lambeth). The collabs (e.g. El-B, Dusk & Blackdown, etc.). The b-sides. I check the music sites everyday (Pitchfork, Resident Advisor, Consequence of Sound, etc.) just to see if today's the day a new Burial track's being dropped. Still waiting every day for that collab with Goldie that's supposed to come out this year.

Some earlier wrote that Street Halo and Kindred are the same. They're not even remotely close to being similar. Totally different sounds and vibes.

nice find. I find it kind of baffling though... I mean, I know he samples shit all the time, but when confronted with this particular example it just doesn't seem to compute for some reason. so he sampled it directly from that video? he would've manipulated it a fair bit to make it sound like it does on the track.

Maybe Burial was interested in acquiring an Oberheim OB-Xa Analog Synthesizer and was perusing demo videos when he came up on the melody and heard a latent potential...

• 1 month later...
Guest cult fiction

The first half of both tracks are stellar. It's like Burial meets In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country...

The second half of both tracks lack character though - when it goes all dark and wobbly. Should have been a 4 track EP.

Guest cult fiction

Burial world: shivering with homelessness, young Will Bevan scrounges for McDonalds wrappers he can lick while simultaneously shooting up heroin as the bullet casings fall clitter clatter against the wood blocks littering the street

Real world: Will Bevan has chinese food delivered while browsing obscure synth demos on youtube and downloading audacity

Archived