IGNORED

Burial - Truant / Rough Sleeper

Tauhid

They sound absolutely incredible, and I can't tell you how excited I am to hear the full tracks. Rough Sleeper actually turned out to be **SPOILER ALERT** the track at 15:20 in that Kode9 set from not too long ago, which I was REALLY hoping it would turn out to be. My Christmas wishes have officially been answered. Christmas is now perfect.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy fuck this sounds incredible.

He has really evolved his beat making since ever Street Halo. I don't think people can complain that "Burial always sound the same" anymore.

/phanboi

It sure does, but Mr. Bevan can we drop the vinyl crackle sound now - we all know what old records sounded like, they were fun noises weren't they, but do they add anything (especially if they're put on every track) ?

Eh, I don't see any reason to take issue with the crackle, I find they give his music an element of grittiness as opposed to a squeaky clean-cut sounding track where you can hear all the perfectly tuned synths, etc. It makes it sound as if the music itself is decaying, in a way. But I believe he really nailed it on Untrue, and I haven't seen him make beautiful use of it sense. Untrue's atmosphere, rhythm, melodies, samples, everything has such an organic sound. Its almost as if the tracks were birthed out of the gutters of the rainy streets themselves, just as SAWII sounds as if it was birthed from forests, mountains and deserts. It sounds organic and mysterious. That's just my take.

I'm just glad there aren't any vinyl pops. That would get fucking irritating.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Eh, the samples sound alright but they're not blowing my mind. Just sounds like Burial. Can't tell what the tracks are going to be like from such short samples anyway.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

anyone else getting a shackleton vibe from these samples? the bassline and percussion on truant, then the organ on rough sleeper.

Archived