IGNORED

Montreal

Cryptowen

So I'm moving to Montreal next summer (if I don't decide to buy an RV & travel the continent first). What's neat in music up there regards venues/shops/labels/etc?

I live in New Brunswick Canada right now & the electronic scene is basically me & maybe four bearded guys who collect moogs

It's awesome. There's too many to list, and things change constantly. Next summer? The scene will be different. Just get a hold of the "Voir" magazine (voir.ca) in french that's freely distributed or go to hour.ca or nightlife.ca you'll have everything you need to know!

Hopefully you won't be yet-another-english-canadian-arrogant-that-wants-to-live-in-the-mile-end-because-its-hip-yet-doesnt-really-get-that-70%-of-the-scene-is-french.

Hopefully you won't be yet-another-english-canadian-arrogant-that-wants-to-live-in-the-mile-end-because-its-hip-yet-doesnt-really-get-that-70%-of-the-scene-is-french.

Nah, I'm too poor to live anywhere really trendy, & I'm working on getting my French back up to snuff (I've got family up in Quebec but it's been a while since I've really used the language hardcore)

Thanks for the links, will checkem

nice to see you moving to Québec, Owen.

just like Philip Glass said, it's pretty hard to just list here, you'll just get used to it really quickly.

here, in Québec city, music scene isn't as amazing but at least we don't get killed by big concrete blocks.

here, in Québec city, music scene isn't as amazing but at least we don't get killed by big concrete blocks.

Yeah, out of all the major cities I've been to in Canada (pretty much all of them except Vancouver), Quecbec City was probably the nicest looking. I was wandering around the old part of town & it almost felt surreal how picturesque everything was

I also like the way Montreal looks but that's probably more because of me being a country kid being awed by buildings over two stories high.

Guest Enter a new display name

Regarding Montreal's underground electronic music scene, there are apparently a microhouse scene and a beat scene.

• 7 months later...

welcome mister owen.

hey arbee! What's the ambient news of late?

did you visit the spermswamp yet?

i

wh

this is like speed metal being preformed entirely in early 90s midi, by Wesley Willis

do they all speak french there??

there's a few primarily anglo areas but I think the majority of people here are francophone, & if you're looking to live here for any length of time you'd best be learnin the parle-vous

me my french is right friggin shaggy right now but i'm gonna be fluent by Christmas

• 1 month later...

Archived