IGNORED

Atoms for Peace - Amok

sidewinder

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the original artwork, Stanley Donwood said:

Los Angeles is, of course, fucked. Everything is fucked, all of our cities, all of our towns, our villages, our farms, our entire way of living. and I don't mean fucked in a good way, oh no; I mean it in a very, very bad way. Our energy rich and culturally complacent society has doomed everything, and really, we all know this. Or at least, we should do. We have run out of everything, pissed it up against the wall, blown it, spent it, wasted it. We've run out of money, of oil, of gasoline, of water, of food, of any resources, of energy, of everything. We are reduced to trying to blast pathetic amounts of gas from solid rock and we don't care if we poison our water while we're doing it.

The apocalypse is already here, and the saddest thing is that we're trying to fool ourselves that it isn't happening. Our politicians are fucking idiots, our heroes are fools, our industries are dying, our farmland is trashed and our culture resembles nothing more than a self-devouring joke. Our architecture is hideous and our art revels in empty platitudes. There is no future; we have evicted ourselves from our own cities, rendered our agriculture poisonous, criminalised the poor, aggrandized the rich, honoured the stupid and ridiculed the intelligent. I don't pretend to stand outside this fucking mess. I'm just as guilty as anyone.

Wonderfully said... I can't wait for this album, I've been trying not to listen to the singles too much as I'll probably be playing the shit out of this when it's out/

new thom yorke mix

TRACKLISTING

cycles mk 3 thom yorke

you wouldn't like me when i'm angry unfinished rmx atoms for peace

mali: kono, the sacred birdÃ≈ mali musicians

proud evolution thom yorke 500quid rmx liars

i don't need an excuse unfinished thom yorke

bloom treatments radiohead

morning shiver down the black wood river anstam

give up the ghost thom yorke rmx radiohead

the grind average joe vs unless atoms for peace

1027862.jpg

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/15418/1/dazed-confused-february-2013-thom-yorke

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

Oo okay sick.

Reading atease forums, looks like another amok track (before your very eyes) has leaked as well..

Have the vinyl on preorder and cannot to finally listen. All the waiting and partial leaking is wearing a bit thin for low patience pigster*n*.

Oo okay sick.

Reading atease forums, looks like another amok track (before your very eyes) has leaked as well..

Have the vinyl on preorder and cannot to finally listen. All the waiting and partial leaking is wearing a bit thin for low patience pigster*n*.

yeah, it leaked, but its really not fun to listen intensively to three or four seperate tracks before the release. just release it already!

Heads up!!

There is a BBC 6music special on this album this coming monday on Steve Lamacqs show, including an interview with Thom.

I or somebody else will probably post the link up for you

Archived