IGNORED

Atoms for Peace - Amok

sidewinder

I went, I saw, I bought. Looks nice but wish the sleeve wasn't just blank white on the back. Like you said, maybe I'll sell it at some point. :wink:

They sold about 30 via their website, so I'm sure some out-of-towners were able to snag some. The rest were reserved for in-store purchase. When I went around 1pm there were about 9 copies left, all done by now I presume.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of agree with the previous posts, but that said I love the shit out of this album. Fuck's sake though, I've been advised to expect further delays with the vinyl. Don't expect to actually see it now, last time I order from Sandbag.

Yeah I preordered too, from norman records, no sign of the lp yet though... Don't know what's going on with this, did they make it ridiculously limited or something? Quite rare to not get something even after placing an order before the actual release date.

Any Thom Yorke output is welcome. Best if he does use computers himself. Love The Eraser, of course a lot of Radiohead as well. Downloading... looking forward to this.

Someone in this thread wrote it's an Eraser II: OH YES PLS

Guest Chogg

This is a hundred times better than the king of limbs. More focus on songwriting. Having the new band is good for Thom I think. Really enjoying this album.

will no doubt give it more plays this weekend.

Hope you did sir. I burned out on it a little until the vinyl arrived, and now I'm getting obsessed with it all over again. I can see how people might not get on with the production (a bit samey?), but it appeals to my ears, and I think Thom's vocals keep improving as he gets older.

aw man, no Northwest US dates :(

edit: well shit, I probably wouldn't have got tickets in time anyways. I checked the Santa Barbara CA show, and all of the floor tickets are sold out, and fuck sitting down at a show like this..

but still:

I feel blessed to get this & Exai within a few weeks of each other. Kind of mindblowing, actually.

this

to me, they're the yin & yang of where electronic music is at in 2013. one's very dancey/poppy/repetetive/accessible, while the other is all like "check out how much glorious synthetic sound we can cram into two hours". yet they both share in common beautiful melodies, genius composition, and just great jams.

Archived