IGNORED

Atoms for Peace - Amok

sidewinder

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wicked. Really sounds like they've got their groove together as a band, and everything's slamming and bouncing out of the 'mix' (I know it's live, obviously, but I can't think of a better way of putting it). Those synths and Flea's bass especially sound amazing.

Guest bitroast

Agreed. The first Amok shows sounded a bit sloppier in comparison, but show sounds gooood^^

I find it amusing that the overly advertised, interviewed and press talked about SoundHalo shows were made available for purchase at some ridiculous price, had watermarks and gaps between the videos. and now Atoms for piece put this (better) show up on YouTube for free^^

I noticed this on king of limbs too - some of these tracks definitely sound better with live instrumentation, especially with live drums rather than the rather thin sounding drum machines they often go for on the records.

Guest bitroast

I sort of dont understand why they finish the set on Black Swan. Maybe it's a 'you have to be there to get it' sort of dealio, but there's not much about the song that sounds like its a set closer.

Compared to say, Atoms for peace, which has the audience clapping along and really sounds like a sort of celebration.

Anyhow, I like this live recording and thoms voice is still sounds great^^

Archived