Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here are some links to my single Petals in Bloom. New album coming soon.
Hope you enjoy.
i'm gonna start an industrial psychedelic goth drone nu-metal band and you cannot stop me but you can help my vision.By Salvatorin
i have decided this morning that it is time i finally put together a band. a band that will blow minds. i have a vision, but it is blurry as of yet.
some background: recently i played fretless bass on halloween doing a goth miley cyrus cover thing. i was actually amazed how cool it sounded to play fretless with overdrive and reverb and it actually turned out amazing and the chemistry between me and the guitar player was good. he does like drone shit but he's generally versatile. a bit too much of a stoner at times but not retarded level. either way, i found the experience of playing in a 'dark' band to be actually quite exhilarating. i used to play punk, moved on to classical and then jazz. and of course i make electronic music. but the whole thing, the presentation, how much the crowd loved the drama, the theatre of the thing. it was awesome. so i'm gonna make a band. i'm gonna be the front man. i'm gonna contort myself into weird poses and come up with a strange hair-do. these things are going to happen. i got a drummer on lock who is down, he knows how to tackle any style. plus he's bald so that's kind of aesthetically cool. guitar guy is super skinny with long hair and big beard. i'm salv, u kno me.
so i'm trying to draw from a lot of sources to synthesize the aesthetic i want to achieve. so i will list off some influences.
- DAF. "alles ist gut". want to have dissonance and darkness and quietness
- bauhaus noodly guitar noises
- nitzer ebb synths
- einsturzende neubauten brutality
- aenima era tool live performances. i want to be all weirdly contorting and having that interplay of soft/loud
- korn. a bit of 'falling away from me'. not the vocals but some of the general production and harshness
- sonic youth. want to use the kind of alternate tunings and jangly bits. later era stuff with jim o'rourke. ambient loop soundscapes.
- mick karn fretless bass style stuff
- diamanda galas
- NIN obvs
- holy music such as gregorian chant and tibetan shit. out there stuff. microtones.
but somehow fuse things together in a way where everything is dark and bewildering and in your face at times but then fading into shimmering ambience and drone. want it to feel like a continuous experience that fuckin blows the minds of the audience. drama. excitement. weirdness. just the whole damn package.
so yeah just like gimme stuff i should listen to to get the creative juices flowin. i mean they are flowin. sort of. but i want them to gush, baby. make me gush, fuckers