IGNORED

Atom™ - HD

Tauhid

Haha this awesome. Nice 'Rock With You' drum fill sample at the start of 'I Love U'. I wish the end of 'Strom' was the whole song.

Guest the anonymous forumite

"I love U" is so Jamie Lidell. First track sounds exactly like Alva-Noto.

oh by the way, if any of you has the chance of seeing Atom live, go for it, you won't be disapointed.

I love Strom and Ich Bin Eine Maschine. Pop and The Sound of Decay are good. Otherwise the rest is bobbins, especially I Love U, which is dire. Shame really, they put up the best bits in the samples. Now I've heard the stream I don't want it.

I love Strom and Ich Bin Eine Maschine. Pop and The Sound of Decay are good. Otherwise the rest is bobbins, especially I Love U, which is dire. Shame really, they put up the best bits in the samples. Now I've heard the stream I don't want it.

i love u made me want to die initially but something bout it made me think i'd warm to it? hmm maybe not. ok never mind.

title track is, couple other elements. I wasn't really complaining... that formula obviously works, and I think at this point it's understood uwe is absolutely obsessed with the kw totale ästhetisch Qualität

What stream do you speak of?

I liked Liedgut but wasn't particularly enamored with Winterreise.

Personally I'm loving Pop HD. Uwe has started to release everything under the name Atom™ now, rather than one of the fifty-five thousand other pseudonyms he has used in the past.

Pop HD is basically a step from his Pop Artificielle release as LB, but with new tracks rather than cover versions (except for the cover of The Who's 'My Generation').

Every track is a sort of Kraftwerkien take on a particular style of rock or pop.

Edited by Jamesqdot

that sounds cool. as mentioned earlier the POP HD sample had a very stereonerds vibe which is cool; stereonerds definitely has the kraftwerk take you're talking about but it seems like HD might be more "songy" or something.

anyway, still looking forward to this...

Personally I'm loving Pop HD. Uwe has started to release everything under the name Atom™ now, rather than one of the fifty-five thousand other pseudonyms he has used in the past.

Pop HD is basically a step from his Pop Artificielle release as LB, but with new tracks rather than cover versions (except for the cover of The Who's 'My Generation').

Every track is a sort of Kraftwerkien take on a particular style of rock or pop.

didn't you just tell me it's KW on only one track?

didn't you just tell me it's KW on only one track?

Yup, and I stand by that.

I said "sort of Kraftwerkien". How else do you want me to quickly summarise the sound on this thing without posting my entire review (which I haven't finished writing)? No-one else bothered to reply yet. I suppose you could just say it's a minimal, Raster-Noton style take on the different genres.

There's only one song that sounds almost exactly like Kraftwerk and in my opinion that's "Pop". And it's great.

Edited by Jamesqdot

Strom is everything I wanted out of this album based on the samples and it delivers in that realm very nicely. Having not listened to much else by Uwe other than "Wellen und Felder," I'm not sure I had any preconceptions as to what I was expecting. It does have a lot more pop and rock sound to it than any of the samples hinted at whatsoever. I think my only complaint is that it doesn't seem consistent in how the tracks sound, but maybe that's kind of the point. There's probably something for almost anyone on this album in some way. The tracks that pander to my tastes are Strom, Riding the Void, The Sound of Decay, and Ich Bin Meine Maschine.

Edited by Xyrofen