IGNORED

Atom™ - HD

Tauhid

I wonder if it was intentional that the title track can be heard as "pop acheter" as well as pop HD

That's what I heard too. "Pop buys ..."

"My Generation" might be the only sour point.

Funnily enough that was the one I enjoyed the most. For some reason it reminded me of Kid 606's NWA remix:

yeh mcbete and basically all that stuff that was on µ Allstars.. this album goes through my electronic music memories like crazy.. fuck

slightly reminiscent to felix kubin too

Edited by vincentvc

"My Generation" might be the only sour point.

Funnily enough that was the one I enjoyed the most. For some reason it reminded me of Kid 606's NWA remix:

it reminded me of this:

maybe i'm just being silly, but it's not wrong to think that the big OOOOOOOHHHHHMMMMMMMMM in Strom is the mangled sample from ohm sweet ohm? if not a sample well then obviously a nod. lol pop music obviously starts with kraftwerk for uwe

this is a great cd, something i've been looking for recently, amazed by the lack of interest in pop by talented producers

Edited by dr lopez

this is a great cd, something i've been looking for recently, amazed by the lack of interest in pop by talented producers

the fact is that [*GOOD*] pop is a lot harder to make a lot of the time than straight up techno and whatever

both have their place but I agree... pop requires something beyond technical know-how

this album has both, as do most great works

haven't gotten to into this beyond "Strom" yet though but that track is great

I'm sure the guy has great stuff hiding in the cracks that I haven't heard yet though on other albums

What a fantastic album this is! Sometimes I think I'm expecting too much from new electronic music, but then I listen to something like this and am reminded of the difference between fresh sounding, smartly produced, imaginative, catchy, excellent materials like these and most other things. This'll sound pretentious, but never mind: the way Atom TM references the past (and things like Kraftwerk) seems much more romantic and 'pure' to me than the mostly self-aware, boring retrofesting that is going on in so much electronic music now.

the way Atom TM references the past (and things like Kraftwerk) seems much more romantic and 'pure' to me than the mostly self-aware, boring retrofesting that is going on in so much electronic music now.

Well said. I think W. Voigt has also spoken about this to a certain extent. And actually if I recall it was one of the things Kraftwerk themselves considered important.

Kraftwerkian

if you've not already, find yourself señor coconut's 'el baile alemán'

I'm sure the guy has great stuff hiding in the cracks that I haven't heard yet though on other albums

señor coconut for u?