IGNORED

Atom™ - HD

Tauhid

is that the blues track? i had to stop listening and wash my tongue the last time it came on.

2nd to last track. And yeah, I don't want it to be there either. If I end up picking this up, I'll just delete it.

uwe always does some seriously bad and honest covers on this albums. at least on cmyk. they're seriously bad.

lol @ people labeling my generation as "that blues track" :unsure: did you guys ever listen to rock music?

yes yes, Sound Of Decay.... dunno guess i'm just not in the mood for this kind of Uwe humour atm...

@vamos, is there a Flanger release you would recommend to start with?

I don't think I've ever heard anything like The Sound Of Decay. That track is fucking wild. I wonder what he sampled for that main groove. Really nasty.

An easy favourite! Superb album all round.

I'm torn. I can hardly listen to this as an album, some tracks are just so bad.

So I just deleted the tracks I don't like:

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-07%20at%2010.54.

Never ripped an album apart like this before.

Yeah, your tracklist is probably how I'd have it in an ideal world, much as I like the album. Those are the best tracks by far.

Yeah, your tracklist is probably how I'd have it in an ideal world, much as I like the album. Those are the best tracks by far.

agreed

ye dunno.... these songs just tickled me in the wrong places but I can see how they could be enjoyable.. theoretically.... i'll maybe undelete the Jamie Lidell song at some point in the future lol..

as a cover i guess it's pretty cool. the vocal manipulations are interesting no doubt. however, i just think that song sucks in the first place. what is more, i think it feels completely jarring on the album. i definitely don't think i get where uwe is coming from with this one.

I don't think I've ever heard anything like The Sound Of Decay. That track is fucking wild. I wonder what he sampled for that main groove. Really nasty.

I want to know too... Sounds so familiar, though!

as a cover i guess it's pretty cool. the vocal manipulations are interesting no doubt. however, i just think that song sucks in the first place. what is more, i think it feels completely jarring on the album. i definitely don't think i get where uwe is coming from with this one.

Truth. Breaking my rule where I try to avoid removing single tracks from albums for this.

I just noticed that there is a bonus track as well if you order from the RN online store, I Love You (Vocapella).

Edited by flurobox

my generation is no better or worse than most tracks on the album imo

its a cover but he takes it apart in a very interesting way so i dk

truth be told though i haven't listened for a week... fucking love strom and the last track, brilliant work

of course the others songs are good too but those are the highlights for me

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Uwe do an HD set last Saturday in Williamsburg.

In short he blew me away! Insanely fun show, lots of stuttering beats to move to, and hilarious visuals.

He played Strom, Imperialist Pop, Empty and Ich Bin Meine Maschine from the album. He stitched them together with great live AE-like dance madness. After Imperialist Pop he destroyed our ears with about 3 minutes of distorted atomic bomb explosions. One after another. It kept getting louder and louder and funnier and funnier until it didn't. And then he just exploded more and more bombs with the classic Uwe deadpan face.

The album stuff he played was so enriched by his visuals. Imperialist pop was these pearlescent word art lyrics flashing around while his bald max headroom like face moved around and stared at us saying STOP..... IMPERIALIST POP.

Empty started as its own MTV music video with the artist/title card at the bottom left corner. Except the music video was Uwe in all black on a Berlin street standing motionless and slowly dropping giant handwritten posters with the lyrics. After each verse he would strike an emotionless pose when all the cards were out of his hand. Completely hilarious.

I hoped he would play I love U, but sadly he did not. At any rate, this is what modern electronic music performances should aspire to! Had a complete blast.

Here are two super short and lame videos that I took. Sadly I was having to much fun to care about taking videos of the good visuals.

DISCLAIMER: THESE DO NO DO ANY SORT OF JUSTICE TO HIS SHOW. If you have the chance to see him, please do so!

Saw Uwe do an HD set last Saturday in Williamsburg.

In short he blew me away! Insanely fun show, lots of stuttering beats to move to, and hilarious visuals.

He played Strom, Imperialist Pop, Empty and Ich Bin Meine Maschine from the album. He stitched them together with great live AE-like dance madness. After Imperialist Pop he destroyed our ears with about 3 minutes of distorted atomic bomb explosions. One after another. It kept getting louder and louder and funnier and funnier until it didn't. And then he just exploded more and more bombs with the classic Uwe deadpan face.

The album stuff he played was so enriched by his visuals. Imperialist pop was these pearlescent word art lyrics flashing around while his bald max headroom like face moved around and stared at us saying STOP..... IMPERIALIST POP.

Empty started as its own MTV music video with the artist/title card at the bottom left corner. Except the music video was Uwe in all black on a Berlin street standing motionless and slowly dropping giant handwritten posters with the lyrics. After each verse he would strike an emotionless pose when all the cards were out of his hand. Completely hilarious.

I hoped he would play I love U, but sadly he did not. At any rate, this is what modern electronic music performances should aspire to! Had a complete blast.

Here are two super short and lame videos that I took. Sadly I was having to much fun to care about taking videos of the good visuals.

DISCLAIMER: THESE DO NO DO ANY SORT OF JUSTICE TO HIS SHOW. If you have the chance to see him, please do so!

10/10 review would read again

i'm looking forward to catching him with tobias in july. Fuck. Yeah.