IGNORED

Atom™ - HD

Tauhid

Guest abracadabra

This is a great album. One of my favorites this year. I agree with the sentiment about the My Generation track, but whatever it does have some qualities that I like. I think Liedgut still might be my favorite of the Atom™ / Raster-Noton releases.

I just watched this interview/lecture recently, from almost 9 years ago.

http://vimeo.com/29922346

Jesus this album is fucking incredible. This is Kraftwerk of the 21st century and it makes me :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I sincerely hope he has a follow up, or at least proceeds with this "pop" style for a bit. The new Knife is great but almost too self-aware and political.

man that bass sweep in the second half of riding the void even the stresses the trusty HD 280s out a bit. Not only are the tracks great, but there's TOOOONS of fun little sounds and quirks to pick up on repeated listens. I also love that's only 40 min, the proper length for an album imo.

the shots of the people at like 23 minutes while his music is playing are pretty funny. yes. the lecture is enjoyable as well. and agreed, HD is fantastic. i turned my dad onto it, he used to be a big kraftwerk fan

Jesus this album is fucking incredible. This is Kraftwerk of the 21st century and it makes me :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I sincerely hope he has a follow up, or at least proceeds with this "pop" style for a bit. The new Knife is great but almost too self-aware and political.

man that bass sweep in the second half of riding the void even the stresses the trusty HD 280s out a bit. Not only are the tracks great, but there's TOOOONS of fun little sounds and quirks to pick up on repeated listens. I also love that's only 40 min, the proper length for an album imo.

do you have the stereonerds album? similar kraftwerkian vibe on that. if you haven't heard it, check it.

Riding the Void sounds unbelievable on big (and good) speakers. It makes my whole apartment vibrate!

do you have the stereonerds album? similar kraftwerkian vibe on that. if you haven't heard it, check it.

oh wow Stop (Imperialist Pop) samples Harddisk Rock (and F.U.N.K. uses that same insane bass as Riding the Void)

mind blown

that makes this album sort of a sequel?

• 1 month later...

Reposted from the Aoki Takamasa thread. If you're in the UK:

I don't know how, but Sainsbury's Entertainment have got a lot of the Raster Noton CDs for £10 - quite a lot cheaper than a lot of stores out there. Here's HD.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

still the best album of 2013

yes but...my generation. whyyyyy?

because it's a good laugh

and my no1 still as well (the album that is)

Edited by vincentvc

• 1 year later...

This album was/is great, I never got around to buying it for some reason (always streamed it), so this could make be purchase.

Edit: Does this not include the album, looks like it's just a DVD of the videos according to bleep?

Edit 2: New Riding the Void EP coming soon too.

Edit 3: Tracklisting...

AtomHDPlus_Gross.jpg

Edit 4: No more edits.

Edited by BUNKUM

I still believe SYRO heavily steals from HD. Even the cover artwork looks similar to most Raster Noton releases and I am sure aphex would prefer to release there instead of WARP as they are really innovative while WARP has nothing new on the table besides the well known stuff

Edited by o00o

I still play this regularly. Such tight, interesting, punchy production - and I love the approach to the vocals. I have his previous releases too... I want more Atom TM!!