IGNORED

Midlife crisis

kakapo

• 2 months later...

dunno if it's a midlife crisis or what, but I can't remember feeling this blah about everything ever. then I remembered this thread, which I re-read hoping for answers, and found nothing except fears of having children (already done that) and balding (no worries atm).

maybe it has to do with the fact that I haven't had an IRL adult conversation with any one in a very long time about meaningful stuff (talking to the wife doesn't work). these days conversations mostly are me answering 300-500 questions per day from a 6 year old and baby talk with the dog.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 12:28 AM, Stickfigger said:

My life has consistently improved every day since i was born, with a sharp increase in quality coinciding with commencement of my 30s. If your life is not following the same trajectory then it is clearly your fault and some serious beating up of self should occur. 

Amen, crossing that border was a big revelation. 

I'm gonna be 30 in two days. Thank God. I'm just as much of a nomad/hermit as I was at 20, but back then I felt like there was something wrong with that. I thought there was something real & meaningful I had to discovery via culture, romantic relationships, etc. Now I see that all along I was the only person who could truly validate me. And honestly if anything I feel like I have more energy than I did a decade ago, because I take better care of myself + squander less of it on neurotic rumination + didn't go too deep into the usual self-destructive vices people attempt to find meaning with in their 20s (came up with a few of my own, tho)

also pisces may not be the most idm astrological sign but its definitely the most justin bieber slowed down 6000% astrological sign

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

I stopped using the rogaine years ago and my hair fell out again at the crown.  However I haven't cut my hair for 14 months and can use it to cover my bald patch in various exciting ways.  I'm now going to try micro needling my scalp. 

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

On 12/13/2012 at 2:32 AM, lumpenprol said:

I could overlook it. I think that willingness to overlook should apply to a lot of things. Yet we're encouraged to label and judge quite a bit in the West. Instead, should search for the common ground, there's quite a bit of it

lol

this thread just reminds me how much things/people have changed since those days, and generally not for the better.

it was after he married but a couple of years before he publicly 'redpilled on race'. he'd already had mixed race babby by that point.

I should have quoted the full post:

On 12/13/2012 at 2:32 AM, lumpenprol said:

lol...

hopefully not...I guess I mean the art of persuasion as opposed to conflict. After living overseas for a bit I do see the US as being more aggressive than it needs to be. Big news I know. The upside is idealism and "straight talk", but the downside is oversimplification of issues and bellicosity.

How this relates to relationships...I think some women and men place too much importance on opinions, politics, appearance, taste in movies and music, etc. Apart from not being a total slob, none of that stuff really matters. For example. Was recently talking with my (Chinese) wife and she said something like "I could never date a black person." I was startled for a split second by the thought "Hmm, I married a wacist!" But then I just did a mental shrug. I know she's a sweetie and that opinion is just some weird useless mental offshoot, not vindictive. Said totally blithely, without any conception of racial politics and baggage. I could overlook it. I think that willingness to overlook should apply to a lot of things. Yet we're encouraged to label and judge quite a bit in the West. Instead, should search for the common ground, there's quite a bit of it (said the guy who blasted Israel in a recent thread).

• Farnsworth 1

8 hours ago, zero said:

conversations mostly are me answering 300-500 questions per day from a 6 year old

Exhausting as fuck but gotta encourage that curiosity. Also I have no idea how kids' brains work. At all. My kid asked me as she was going to sleep, like lights out, closing the door "Daddy, is seven plus seven fourteen?" Like where the fuck did that come from.

Age is just a big blur at this point.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, hijexx said:

Mike Patton:

The song is based on a lot of observation and a lot of speculation. But in sort of a pointed way it's kind of about Madonna... I think it was a particular time where I was being bombarded with her image on TV and in magazines and her whole shtick kind of speaks to me in that way... like she's going through some sort of problem. It seems she's getting a bit desperate.

Remember this was released in 1992 and not in the 2010s :cisfor:

• Like 3

I once sang Midlife Crisis karaoke at a party where a woman was flirting with me up until that point.  Pretty sure it ruined my chances.  "Your menstruating heart doesn't bleed enough for two"??  Fuck you, Mike Patton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I once sang Midlife Crisis karaoke at a party where a woman was flirting with me up until that point.  Pretty sure it ruined my chances.  "Your menstruating heart doesn't bleed enough for two"??  Fuck you, Mike Patton.

I actually went to check the meaning of the lyrics some months ago because they were pretty cryptic and 20-something guy singing about midlife crisis was kind of weird. Still don't know what the hell some of the lines mean like "my head is like a lettuce / go on and dig your thumbs in" and "what an inheritance / the salt and the kleenex".:shrug:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plum said:

I know I’m old. Last week I wrote a charming review for my local post office.

I doubt that very much, I've had antibiotic resistant infections more charming than you.  Old Masego Mbengo behind the counter isn't going to give you free stamps just because you gave a 5 star google review.  Idiot.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, zkom said:

I actually went to check the meaning of the lyrics some months ago because they were pretty cryptic and 20-something guy singing about midlife crisis was kind of weird. Still don't know what the hell some of the lines mean like "my head is like a lettuce / go on and dig your thumbs in" and "what an inheritance / the salt and the kleenex".:shrug:

My mom's interpretation of the head-like-lettuce line was medieval torture, which was part of her justification for throwing my Angel Dust cassette in the garbage.

If there's a hit song with weirder lyrics, I am not aware of it.

28 minutes ago, kakapo said:

I doubt that very much, I've had antibiotic resistant infections more charming than you.  Old Masego Mbengo behind the counter isn't going to give you free stamps just because you gave a 5 star google review.  Idiot.  

What is the story behind this legendary watmm rivalry?

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

5 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

My mom's interpretation of the head-like-lettuce line was medieval torture, which was part of her justification for throwing my Angel Dust cassette in the garbage.

So not the fact that the album was named Angel Dust which is a nickname for PCP or that there's a song called Crack Hitler?

6 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

What is the story behind this legendary watmm rivalry?

Plum is the epitome of the bootlicking LTM.  To this day he still sends me harassing private messages with grandiose boasts and ill conceived threats.

30 minutes ago, kakapo said:

Well dickwod shows what you know, postmistress Julie was very appreciative of my kind and heartfelt review, and did in fact reward me with a book of commemorative Harry Potter stamps.

So stick that up/on your parse-hole!

It's amazing what my parents let me listen to when I was a kid but on the other hand my father kept playing songs about ladies with enormous breasts and buttocks which I was forbidden to sing at the daycare.

9 minutes ago, kakapo said:

grandiose boasts 

9 minutes ago, Plum said:

Julie was very appreciative of my kind and heartfelt review, and did in fact reward me with a book of commemorative Harry Potter stamps.

Right on cue.  So predictable.  He told me once he'd been on holiday to China and when he came back he could speak Chinese fluently and that's why he got free prawn crackers every time he got a takeaway.