IGNORED

Midlife crisis

kakapo

*walks into thread*

fuck midlife crisis, get over yourself already. some of the posts in here just seem weighed down by a bunch of thoughts and issues that would be better off not taking up precious space in your head. (strangely enough not the OP)

when has life ever not been scary? when you didn't give a fuck, that's when. do that. that's nature's way of telling you how to live.

have some kids, don't have some, do whatever. just don't get caught up with the guilt and worry demon, remember that it doesn't matter, never did, and do whatever the fuck you want

and stop talking about feeling fucking old when you're not even in your 30s. that's not old, that's lethargic and self-deprecating. old people don't automatically turn into apathetic shitbags, it's just that some people let themselves go that way. don't stop playing.

*slowly backs out again*

you can still drink when you have kids

just don't give them too much

I'm with keltoi though, the pressure I put on myself to provide a good life gets unbearable at times. I worry more than I ever have but I have never felt such joy or love before. sorry that sounds so soft and cheesy but it's the damn truth. I can't imagine life without the little dude and I actually have trouble remembering what it was like not to have him in my life. I want more kids for sure but it's financial insanity.

Edited by jules

*walks into thread*

fuck midlife crisis, get over yourself already. some of the posts in here just seem weighed down by a bunch of thoughts and issues that would be better off not taking up precious space in your head. (strangely enough not the OP)

when has life ever not been scary? when you didn't give a fuck, that's when. do that. that's nature's way of telling you how to live.

have some kids, don't have some, do whatever. just don't get caught up with the guilt and worry demon, remember that it doesn't matter, never did, and do whatever the fuck you want

and stop talking about feeling fucking old when you're not even in your 30s. that's not old, that's lethargic and self-deprecating. old people don't automatically turn into apathetic shitbags, it's just that some people let themselves go that way. don't stop playing.

*slowly backs out again*

Pretty much. I hate that hopeless, self-defeating attitude. Also, screw guilt and peer pressure. The less life I have to live, the better I want to live it.

And yeah, I'm not quite 30 yet, but I don't consider the 30s to be an old age. I could imagine guys twice that age telling younger folks to stop acting like pussies wimps because they cry about losing their youth or whatever.

Edited by ambermonk

*walks into thread*

*slowly backs out again*

Lovely post, was going to say something similar.

What have you people done to my thread? I'm not unhappy. This was not a thread about unhappiness or death.

i'm 38 and haven't ever owned a leather jacket before. can we see a pic of the jacket in question if possible? definite mine field.

were you prone to angst in your teens/developmental years kakapo? anyway, i enjoyed reaching that age where you just don't give a shit about peer pressure and societal expectations (for me this happened in my mid to late 20's). although saying that, since having a kid i'm under pressure (mostly from myself) to provide the best i possibly can for my family. having kids is amazing btw. a female's body clock/baby alarm goes off like big ben a minute past 30 years. unlike us dads who have to learn and adapt, it's a biological instinct for them to NEED children as well as the actual everyday 'being a mother' part.

ML056B-5-1.jpg

Yes, I was an angst ridden teenager.

all saints eh... wouldn't be cheap. i don't think i like leather jackets in general but i'm sure you look sexy as fuck in it and the ladies will smell that leather and instantly cream their pants as you walk by. and leather trousers are exponentially more mid-life-crisisy anyway. i'd avoid making the ensemble.

Edited by keltoi

all saints eh... wouldn't be cheap. i don't think i like leather jackets in general but i'm sure you look sexy as fuck in it and the ladies will smell that leather and instantly cream their pants as you walk by. and leather trousers are exponentially more mid-life-crisisy anyway. i'd avoid making the ensemble.

I'm not usually a fan of all saints stuff, overpriced Chinese tat for the most part. Plus I'm 10 years too old and 10lbs too fat. Looks like that one has sold out in any case. I was looking longingly at the belstaff leather trousers and knee length biker boots, but then I had a vision of the Beckhams in matching leathers. Felt a bit sick.

I'm not usually a fan of all saints stuff, overpriced Chinese tat for the most part. Plus I'm 10 years too old and 10lbs too fat. Looks like that one has sold out in any case. I was looking longingly at the belstaff leather trousers and knee length biker boots, but then I had a vision of the Beckhams in matching leathers. Felt a bit sick.

aye it's well over priced but i like some of their simpler, more utilitarian looking stuff and they don't tend to have labels all over the outside of the garment which is always preferable.

i think i'm just not into leather, apart from shoes (and chaps and masks :nacmat: ) . i'm not even keen on leather sofas. don't mind eating animals but sitting on them or wearing them on my back? no ta.

/digression.

I don't mind people having a whinge, but this thread is definitely about wandering around supermarket car parks in your pyjamas smelling of sexual desperation and Rogaine, punctured with moments of lucidity and melancholic lost love. And leather arse towels*. Rather than the typical anxiety/depression/panic attack thread, of which there are plenty.

I was sitting at work today wondering what it would feel like to rub my bum with a window cleaner's shammy. Thanks watmm.

I'm only 25 so maybe my word means nothing, but it could just be that you're only as old as you feel. I worked with a guy who is 45 and lived in Peru for 2 years. Not the most attractive, masculine guy, but he learned a bit of Spanish and lived like a KING down there from the sounds of it. Most of what he talked about were weird conspiracy theories, psychedelic experiences, and how lame American woman are. Apparently the culture for meeting woman is so much better in Peru, you might as well just move there. He's never been married, has no kids, but he found SOMETHING that gives him sanity, so hats off to that. Moral of the story: Find your figurative Peru/Peruvian women.

exactly. I did something similar in China. some youngster (even my former self) might have criticized me for being an older guy married to a younger woman, but just ignore the haters. I'm very happy, so is she (as far as I can tell), we have a baby on the way, and all is well with the world.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "American women are lame", but I think there is a downside to being conditioned somewhat by US society to "be outspoken." In fact most things in life can be solved by soft power, not yelling and lawsuits. This applies to both men and women, and not just in relationships, but in the workplace too. It took me quite a lot of living to figure that out (slow learner I guess).