IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995)

eh Speedy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

Ok so.... I've got my copy. They put the download card INSIDE the LP?!

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I want to leave it sealed lol

why the hell wouldn't you want to listen to the vinyl?

He wants to sell it for loads of quid :emb:

In this particular case because I believe it to be collectible enough that the benefits of leaving it sealed and listening to the mp3s exceed the benefits of listening to the vinyl.

=/

It's ok, I opened it anyway.

I love the album. Even though some tracks really sound like versions of other tracks already released on Tango'n'Vectif, Bluff Limbo and In Pine Effect. But since I love all three records, the versions are fine with me.

vinyl was at my backdoor this morning. I am indulging in classic µziq melody charm, so happy I didn't pass this one up. The vinyl is beautiful & I love the album cover. No stickers tho! 8[

Question:

Will the original and repress be distributed with different category numbers? And which one is theoretically more rare? IE the original with 300 copies (under whatever cat number) and a repress with 200 copies (under a diff cat number maybe?).

The reason I ask is because I bought one of the original and one of the repress. Before you get cranky, I bought one of them as a gift for someone.

Just curious which one is more collectible and if they are even under diff cat#... =/

Guest Ron Manager

it won't be a different cat. no., and rest assured each of your copies will be worth a nice £100-200 within a few months.

They would be the same cat. number, shame you're thinking about the music in terms of its value rather than getting stuck into the music...........

Fucking right.

Great selection you've done there rixxx...listening to it was like being booted into a time machine and taken back to some good mid-90s art-school times when I used to annoy all the Indie kids with ye olde 'electronica'.

Hardcore revelations in that FACT interview an' all...converting 1,000+ tracks to MP3 for preview purposes...sheeeit.

Liked the fact you just gave stuff a few seconds and if you weren't feeling it, it was in the bin.

The old ways are still the best.

I saw Oneohtrix live too, in Cargo...2011, I think....and he WAS shite. Love his records though.

They would be the same cat. number, shame you're thinking about the music in terms of its value rather than getting stuck into the music...........

No not at all! I'm just being a bit of a greedy bugger by not wanting to gift my brother the mroe expensive one lol.

The real value of this is for me is being brought back to the Tango n Vectif/Bluff Limbo days! =D

Great work compiling this. I read you went through like 1300 songs or something to compile this?!

Fucking right.

Great selection you've done there rixxx...listening to it was like being booted into a time machine and taken back to some good mid-90s art-school times when I used to annoy all the Indie kids with ye olde 'electronica'.

Hardcore revelations in that FACT interview an' all...converting 1,000+ tracks to MP3 for preview purposes...sheeeit.

Liked the fact you just gave stuff a few seconds and if you weren't feeling it, it was in the bin.

The old ways are still the best.

I saw Oneohtrix live too, in Cargo...2011, I think....and he WAS shite. Love his records though.

It was just a question. It in no way means I value the dollar amount more than the music.

wow.

I've been a Mike P (under any alias) fan for more than a decade.

oh man I felt bad that we're on record for saying that about Oneohtrix but, it was painful......drone stuff? but...bad? I dont know.

Yeah, took fucking ages. We got the one album sorted but then Mike thought it would be a shame to let the other stuff not get a look in so we though fuck it 'let them eat cake' etc.

Yeah! I'm so stoked. I really love that era of his music, the floating melodies and metallic industrial sounds etc. Thanks for all your work on this!

I can't imagine having 1300+ Mike P tracks and snippets at my fingertips. Lucky!

oh man I felt bad that we're on record for saying that about Oneohtrix but, it was painful......drone stuff? but...bad? I dont know.

Yeah, took fucking ages. We got the one album sorted but then Mike thought it would be a shame to let the other stuff not get a look in so we though fuck it 'let them eat cake' etc.

Nah, fuck it...it was self indulgent pish...but I suppose artists will be artists. (Though he was a lovely guy to chat to and, like I said, his music is good)

I've only seen Mike play once, in Edinburgh, supporting Orbital on the In Sides tour...he was half the reason we made the trek from Dundee. Great gig, even though, ye know, it was just a bloke stood there at a Kraftwerkian style podium...and he played Megaphonk!

A very good night indeed.

Very much looking forward to Heterotic, I assume you'll be doing some 'standing in front of laptops' to promote the bugger?

Archived