IGNORED

questions you have always wanted to ask but scared to in case you would look stupid

Guest isaki

do I really need some kind of skill to win poker?

In the short run, not necessarily.

In the long run, yes most certainly.

why? I really don't understand it. what type of skill?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

betting skills. when to press it, when to bluff it. calculating pot odds and playing your betting position to the dealer. you need math skills, gut feelings and luck.

do I really need some kind of skill to win poker?

In the short run, not necessarily.

In the long run, yes most certainly.

why? I really don't understand it. what type of skill?

What do you mean?

Poker is a game of maximizing expected value ("EV").

So every-time you make a decision you are looking to make the most "+EV" decision. If your decisions are random, then why do you think you would make money in the long run? Yes there is luck involved in poker but if you ever sit down with a good player you will immediately see just how much skill overwhelms luck (aka "variance").

How come you never see/hear thunder and lightning during a snowstorm if snow is essentially just frozen rain? Does it have to do with the cold?

How come you never see/hear thunder and lightning during a snowstorm if snow is essentially just frozen rain? Does it have to do with the cold?

surely you've been in a snow thunderstorm, being in st. paul? i've heard it a couple times, i'm about an hour south of the cities.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/181486/january-26-2006/thundersnow

surely you've been in a snow thunderstorm, being in st. paul? i've heard it a couple times, i'm about an hour south of the cities.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/181486/january-26-2006/thundersnow

Yeah I suppose I have heard thunder during snowstorms a handful of times, but even then it's a semi-rare occasion. Most snowstorms don't have thunder at least that I ever hear. I can't recall a time where I've seen lightning during snow though, I know if there's thunder there must be lightning somewhere but it must stay within clouds. You'd think you'd at least be able to see a flash even if it was cloud to cloud lightning, no? I'm sure it does happen I've just never seen it

I think I'd hate to live in a grid like that. I would feel trapped

(This took me like 2 minutes to write because touch-screen keyboard. Whose bright idea was it to not stick a keyboard on one of their flagship phones :( )

It's great for navigation, but I never want to go on walks, because it feels so ordered to me. I want to be able to get a little bit lost when I wander around.

on a miniscule scale, the square mile of glasgows city centre is a perfect grid system, and when i first got here i actually found it made it harder to find stuff because everything looks so similar. of course glasgow doesnt use the numbered street system which would make that alot easier i guess.

How the fuck is it possible that the centre of the earth is said to be as hot as the surface of the sun? ..and why?

unbelievably huge forces at work: incredible pressure and immense magnetic fields. also the way the planet was formed, and it's proximity to the sun.

Can I get pregnant from anal sex?

I'm fairly certain you and every other member on this forum KNOW the answer to this question.

With that out of the way, can I get pregnant from docking?

Guest the anonymous forumite

Once upon a time, warning was a percentage. Nowadays, you get warning points. How many warning points do you need to be banned ?

Archived