IGNORED

Is an Exai tour coming?

futureimage

Sorry guys, but spring 2014 is just wayyyy too late to support an album that is more than a year old. It doesn't make sense market-wise. It won't happen.

Didn't they say in aaa that they were working on live stuff? I really don't think R&S would lie to us...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Even so, isn't it a tad unorthodox for them to tour with their most recent release a year old (I'm rounding up here)? I don't know how it works! As Phil says, it wouldn't make sense... what t-shirts would they sell at venues???

Leftover Exai shirts from Blerp HQ

Guest pixelives

The fan base is consistent and there are guarantees on how many people will show up. That's a given no matter when they tour. It's been 3+ years since the last tour so they can do it whenever they like. They've shown in the past to do things slightly unorthodox, anyways.

It would also be a nice bump in coverage/newsworthiness in the lull between LPs.

Yes, touring generally revolves around album push, but isn't always the case.

Also financially would be sound as a income source in-between LP advances.

Makes sense to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, ignore this, can see it's been mentioned elsewhere.

ae are Playing in Krakow in September. Interestingly, the info suggests 'new material', and whereas Battles are described as playing their only live performance of 2014, Autechre are said to be playing their 'first' (implying there may be more):

"Battles will play their first live show in nearly three years, presenting brand new material for the first time anywhere – this will be Battles’ only live performance in 2014.

Autechre will perform live for the first time since 2011, locked and loaded with new material to be unleashed at their first live performance of 2014".

http://warp.net/records/general/warp25

(Apologies if this has been pointed out already)

Autechre usually play stuff live that is 'new' to us, so no change there.

not like I'm complaining.

what I am complaining about is the completely lack of 11xLP Autechre soundboard recordings pressed to wax, spinning on my turntable. We can all get behind that.

Archived