IGNORED

Is an Exai tour coming?

futureimage

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saw them on the Confield and Quaristice tours (met up with Awepittance on the latter!) memories....

if i didnt take 3 shots of robo i would have had a serious boner during the show

if you didn't take 3 shots of robo you'd remember me caressing the boner you didn't have

Guest Balance

Man the Domino set sounds better every time I hear it, there's a track starting around 23 mins that sounds like slowly being lowered in to hell on a rope.

I need to see Ae live again.

To my ears, its an unsolved mystery why Ae never released their live sets : Vancouver 98, Toronto 2001 and Glasgow 2005 are fantastic documents. & the (audience..) recordings from the quaristice/oversteps tours are fascinating. I really hope someone at Warp would change their minds...

Guest disoriental express

They're prolly saving the live soundboards for when they're kickin' back in retirement mode. money in the bank. It's certainly a logical option.

The thought that the Quaristice soundboard will never be available is a bit depressing. I listen to the crappy audience recording at least once a week. So many lush segments in that live set.

they'll need to announce the tour soon with all the dates, etc. If they leave it any later everyone will be rushing around trying to arrange train tickets, time off and all that stuff. The tour usually kicks off a week or so before the albums out so it can't be too long till theres news

if warp, sean or rob are reading this, please take note that i am getting married end of april and the tour best not clash. Thanks.

if warp, sean or rob are reading this, please take note that i am getting married end of april and the tour best not clash. Thanks.

what would be the optimal way to record one of their shows? My buddy and I were talking about constructing a giant goofy alien costume and putting 2 boom mics on the head disguised as antennae. Possibly 2 costumes so we can both stand in R and L positions to get stereo audio. Seriously.

Hahaha don't use two people as you'll get weird phase differences between each mic. Also the stereo image would just be mega strange, as if the listener has a massive head. Best bet is using a stereo pair of miniature condenser mics mounted on a baseball cap - I've even seen this as a set up that you can buy online somewhere.

Gotcha. :wink: Just trying to find out how to get the best possible recording regardless of cost or weirdness.

what would be the optimal way to record one of their shows? My buddy and I were talking about constructing a giant goofy alien costume and putting 2 boom mics on the head disguised as antennae. Possibly 2 costumes so we can both stand in R and L positions to get stereo audio. Seriously.

this got a massive lol

but seriously how about 3 giant goofy aliens of assorted colors (hot pink, neon green and electric blue) - 2 boom mic antennae each - in triangulation with satellite relays to real-time mix the action in real-time at the same time?

Archived