IGNORED

Is an Exai tour coming?

futureimage

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what would be the optimal way to record one of their shows? My buddy and I were talking about constructing a giant goofy alien costume and putting 2 boom mics on the head disguised as antennae. Possibly 2 costumes so we can both stand in R and L positions to get stereo audio. Seriously.

this got a massive lol

blu099_air_hedz_inflatable_alien_head_an

We had some of these at a festival last summer. Would be ideal!

You could try using a pair of in ear headphones and using them as a binaural stereo mic rig. I did this at a Godspeed You Black Emperor show and, although slightly noisy/hissy, the final result post EQ and compression was pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tick.. tock... tick... tock...

Bit concerned that there won't be any autechre festival performances in the UK this summer.
No bloc or glade festival, can't see them playing anywhere else? Glasto (maybe?)

Must be a venue tour.... plz.... sean... rob....

(Bullingdon or The Cellar in Oxford are sick little venues if you fancy coming somewhere different! :emotawesomepm9: )

Guest pixelives

Tour is coming...

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF OF THIS

DOES ANYONE ELSE BUY THESE LIES BY PIXELIVES? YOU'RE ALL FOOLS

Yes I do. actually...

Was there an album that they didn't tour on? Bummed they didn't come to the states for Oversteps, but overall I don't think we need to worry.

Tour is coming...

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF OF THIS

DOES ANYONE ELSE BUY THESE LIES BY PIXELIVES? YOU'RE ALL FOOLS

Yes I do. actually...

Usually a few months gap between tour announcement and the start of it... so hopefully May - June for UK? Plz.

Was there an album that they didn't tour on? Bummed they didn't come to the states for Oversteps, but overall I don't think we need to worry.

No tour for Draft7.30, I'm pretty sure just Gescom shows

I wondered if they did or not, as I've never heard any mention of it and don't recall a tour at the time. Cheers.

please come to louisiana!

lol

It could happen.

The only time I've seen Ae live was in New Orleans back in 2005. They played Twiropa (Which if I recall doesn't exist anymore).

Nice to know that they came to NO recently, but yeah, twiropa is gone. Idk if there are any venues here that would suit them nowadays.

New York City! You didn't come last tour. Sean, pls.

I'd love to hear more stuff from the Chiastic - EP7 years, are there many good quality sets from this period? I have one from 1999 which is badass but that's about it.

Archived