Zephyr_Nova

<3 Lambkin/Shadow Ring et al but it can be difficult to draw the line when it comes to if what someone like him does is considered 'noise music'. I usually find this kinda stuff way more interesting too.

Dylan Nyoukis said he calls what he does 'noises' music rather than noise music. Same can be said for Adam Bohman/The Bohman Brothers and a bunch of other people at the fringes of improv.

i like noise

it reminds me of the power of creating//consuming art as a means of altering one's conscious state, rather than just a series of arbitrary aesthetic patterns falling under a particular subculture's definition of "good".

I particularly like when I put on a noise track (or any kind of track, really), and my immediate reaction is "oh, this is boring//unpleasant", because that feels like i'm being forced to acknowledge emotions & sensations I've deadened myself to in narrow-sighted pursuit of bangers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been listening to KJOSTAD which is the guy who runs the New Forces label.

Such lush field recordings which are thrown headlong into some noise worlds.

https://kjostad.bandcamp.com/album/environment-electronics

As such, his latest release "environment-electronics" is exactly that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^^ massive video. good to see gero 30 being his usual happy self. i wonder when this was filmed. didn't he get put into an asylum? 

also, salute to issei sagawa. nice to see him looking so at home with the ultimate japanese shit band in the house

I strongly believe those are just rumors that spread after the gap of silence. I once heard he was a son of a famous renowned pianist, but thats all just speculation. Juntaro is active today (esp on facebook) and releasing a slew of unreleased material he probably held for years. 

I strongly believe those are just rumors that spread after the gap of silence. I once heard he was a son of a famous renowned pianist, but thats all just speculation. Juntaro is active today (esp on facebook) and releasing a slew of unreleased material he probably held for years. 

his mother was indeed a famous pianist- juntaro himself revealed this in an interview although i always got the sense his lifestyle may have caused some friction in that relationship- occasionally expressed in recordings such as ai-jin or endless humiliation

both are strange expressions of what could have been either a rather chaotic or estranged relationship or someone with an extremely bizarre mind. the only other person who could maybe shed some light was a chronic masturbator so-

as far as juntaro's activity on facebook concerning "releasing a flew of unreleased material" i'd be curious what that is like. i no longer have a facebook account

https://www.facebook.com/vavaa.info/

Here's the running page with all the cassette/cd releases he's selling. He was quite responsive via email and I got my items pretty swiftly (a year ago or so) but I heard many customer orders are being delayed or just not shipped at all >.<

• 1 month later...

My first "official" solo noise release, clocking in at just under 20 minutes.  Takes in harsh noise, rhythms, synths bits and field recordings.

Might be relevant to some here - didn't think it was worth its own thread....

http://thedarkthursday.bandcamp.com/track/to-my-dearest-friend

a3195522640_16.jpg

Edited by fletcher

My first "official" solo noise release, clocking in at just under 20 minutes.  Takes in harsh noise, rhythms, synths bits and field recordings.

sounds like my kind of thing. thanks for sharing. already loving that opening  :w00t:

this was really good. listening again 

Edited by Nebraska