Zephyr_Nova

speaking of whitehouse, you guys should check out maurizio bianchi. i like some of his music though he has a very clinical approach to noise

one of my favorite acts was the gerogerigegege. these guys took the art of concept themed records to new levels that were head-damagingly weird

Edited by Nebraska

check this out. it's one of my favorite noise releases for this year

Man, this is blistering. I think the second half of the first track may have won the loudness war. It hurts so good. And the reverb trail ending closing a nice, unexpected touch. Very nice indeed.

A stand out noise release for me this year was NON's Back to Mono. It's very diverse for a noise album, and has some extra tasty hypnotic textures that are great to get lost in. Like this:

check this out. it's one of my favorite noise releases for this year

Man, this is blistering. I think the second half of the first track may have won the loudness war. It hurts so good. And the reverb trail ending closing a nice, unexpected touch. Very nice indeed.

A stand out noise release for me this year was NON's Back to Mono. It's very diverse for a noise album, and has some extra tasty hypnotic textures that are great to get lost in. Like this:

Have you seen the Boyd Rice documentary 'Iconoclast' that came out last year (i think)? Highly recommended viewing!

have you heard much of Russel Haswell's noise stuff? I think that guy stands above most noise artists

this is probably my favorite release of his

http://www.discogs.com/Russell-Haswell-Live-Salvage-1997-2000/release/11268

I love pretty much everything Haswell has done. Satanstornade was the album that got me hooked on noise back in high school. I heard his UPIC collaboration with Hecker Blackest Ever Black around the same time as well. I thought it was conceptually fascinating and really enjoyed the recordings but never experience any of its intended synesthesia effects. I have a feeling the UPIC experiments probably worked best in a live setting with huge quadraphonic sound and visuals. Hope they collab again soon.

Love those live salvage releases too. In case you missed it, he put out a new salvage release this year documenting performances from his tour with AE. I also like the new direction he's moved in...exploring the intersection of techno with japanoise. Its been done before by Merzbow and the like but hes def coming up with some crazy results:

https://soundcloud.com/ideal-recordings/ideal-mixtape-four

Have you seen the Boyd Rice documentary 'Iconoclast' that came out last year (i think)? Highly recommended viewing!

I have not, but I shall! (Provided I can find it online somewhere... or the nearby rental place which might actually have it.)

have you heard much of Russel Haswell's noise stuff? I think that guy stands above most noise artists

this is probably my favorite release of his

http://www.discogs.com/Russell-Haswell-Live-Salvage-1997-2000/release/11268

I love pretty much everything Haswell has done. Satanstornade was the album that got me hooked on noise back in high school. I heard his UPIC collaboration with Hecker Blackest Ever Black around the same time as well. I thought it was conceptually fascinating and really enjoyed the recordings but never experience any of its intended synesthesia effects. I have a feeling the UPIC experiments probably worked best in a live setting with huge quadraphonic sound and visuals. Hope they collab again soon.

Love those live salvage releases too. In case you missed it, he put out a new salvage release this year documenting performances from his tour with AE. I also like the new direction he's moved in...exploring the intersection of techno with japanoise. Its been done before by Merzbow and the like but hes def coming up with some crazy results:

Nice i haven't been keeping up on him since the disappointing 'wild sounds' CD off mego, seemed like more of a conceptual release than something to enjoy listening to. I'll check out what you recommended

Zephyr, are you familiar with some/any of the stuff i recommended? I'm especially curious what you would think of Pain Jerk, Contagious Orgasm and Hands to

That would be awesome. I use neither of those... but PM? Or email me: erichoggmusic at gmail dot com.

I've listened to Incapacitants - Lon Guy a couple times this week, and it kicks ass. I like how it sounds like they're using different equipment or recording methods for each track. Go! employs the coolest use of room sounds... it's like being in the back of the concert hall during their set and drowning at the same time.

Chefkirk's Harsh Digital Works Vol. 1 is a another release that really grabbed me this year. As the title suggests, it is extremely harsh, digital noise, but there's something about his tones and textures that I find quite interesting. His treatment of sound is very distinctly his own. You can stream/download it for free here: http://bitbybit.bandcamp.com/album/harsch-digital-works-vol-i

Yeee gads this this quote system sucks asssssssssssssssss

^

what I wanted to say was that I am quite enjoying the Chefkirk album. At first it was rather uncomfortable listening (as is with most "noise" projects) but I kinda grew to like his style after a few tracks.

Been listening through my Bayerdynamic DT770 Pro's and new pre-amp, melting my brain rather nicely :cat:

if anyone here is in or can make it to austin texas, the annual sux by suxwest 3 will be on march 17th and promises 40 acts on 2 stages delivering more than 10hours of noise

if anyone likes stupid noise, i can't recommend breakdancing ronald reagan enough. this is the guy that pushed record then left his house for a day and released the silence as an album. he will also be performing @ sux

I've been listening to Tam Quam Tabula Rasa quite a bit ever since they were recommended to me by malaria in my noise album thread. They're more ambient/drone/industrial, but quite noisy even in their most ambient moments. It's kind of like Zoviet France but with less ethnic instruments and more machines. In Absentia is an excellent album, perfect music for self-hypnosis:

In other news, I was very disappointed with Incapacitants' new one, Mon, Ma? Mon!!! despite its excellent album title. I had high hopes after hearing Lon Guy, but this one seemed kind of lackluster in comparison.

Aube's Variable Ambit however was an interesting listen. His work is very dynamic and more conceptual than a lot of noise music, more concerned with the sound design. In this album he plays around with a lot of ultra high frequencies... unfortunately I can't find any video or audio samples to share for this one, but I did find tons of negative reviews. (That's how you know it's good!)

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

If you plunge your cock into a boiling saucepan of lard you will hear some fantastic noises.

Set up a cement mixer in the corner (with a few bricks in not wet cement!) of the kitchen first and you get the industrial vibe to boot.

Edited by beerwolf

If you plunge your cock into a boiling saucepan of lard you will hear some fantastic noises.

Set up a cement mixer in the corner (with a few bricks in not wet cement!) of the kitchen first and you get the industrial vibe to boot.

The sounds of my boiling cock and girlish screams were, despite their expressive quality, not quite satisfying with my noise standards. Good last orgasm tho.

this is the musical equivilant of that art-house bitch stuffing sphagetti-o's up her vagina

I saw the literal equivilant of a chick shoving a mic up her vagina and screaming so that the mic picked up the sound from inside her body at a noise show. It was a visual highlight of the event, musically not so much.

Guest extherium
this is the musical equivilant of that art-house bitch stuffing sphagetti-o's up her vagina

I saw the literal equivilant of a chick shoving a mic up her vagina and screaming so that the mic picked up the sound from inside her body at a noise show. It was a visual highlight of the event, musically not so much.

Please tell me more.