Zephyr_Nova

I think there are a few Masonna tracks that could kill someone. Also, Faker has produced some stuff that I swear was trying to cut me into pieces. I'm not sure I have the stomache to listen back to some of that stuff now, though at the time it was virtually all I was listening to (when I first started this thread).

Dystonia Duos by Joe Panzner/Greg Stuart is high quality shit... ultra-crystalline electronics, combined with a variety of percussion and room sounds.. some 'full blast' stretches, but it progresses nicely, sort of a settling calm in the latter third.

there's a lot of interesting stuff on the Erstwhile label -- not your typical 'extreme'/balls OUT noise-bro shit, it's something else/a variety of approaches.

Oh snap, I've been listening to Joe Panzner's 'Clearing, Polluted' recently and was gonna post about it in here. Really nice stuff.

Also got Mike Shiflet's 'Sufferers' and some Scenic Railroad stuff.

My fave new discovery atm though is AHLZAGAILZEHGUH - Memory and Hearing. My kinda noise album. Stop-start 3D headphone space clusters of metallic and sooty textures for just under an hour. Rusty pipes and chopped amp hum in a lovely dada collage.

I think there are a few Masonna tracks that could kill someone. Also, Faker has produced some stuff that I swear was trying to cut me into pieces. I'm not sure I have the stomache to listen back to some of that stuff now, though at the time it was virtually all I was listening to (when I first started this thread).

lol will check Faker out, heard about it but not gotten into it..

edit: yeah, I was refering to Masonna's "Inner Mind Mystique" when I wrote that, insane album.

Edited by MIXL2

lol will check Faker out, heard about it but not gotten into it..

edit: yeah, I was refering to Masonna's "Inner Mind Mystique" when I wrote that, insane album.

Haha Inner Mind Mystique is the one!! I had that in mind when I mentioned Masonna. I'm afraid to listen to that album again.

Faker's released so much stuff, and not all of it is super intense. There's some weird guitar/keyboard jams, music concrete... you never know what you're going to get. But when he enters the harsh noise end of the spectrum it's fucking vicious. In headphones it doesn't show any mercy.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Great White Death is an awful, awful album. Sooo ridiculous. I could see you getting a bit of a kick out of it though... and many consider it a power electronics masterpiece. It's got lyrical gems like "I'm cumming in you aaaaaaasssssss!" repeat x 20 --mildly amusing but gets old pretty fast. He has been making music for another 20+ years since then, so maybe he's branched out a bit. I like to think he's just releasing that same album over and over again. The idea of someone making a career out of that tickles me pink.

you cannot be serious. 'great white death' is the best whitehouse album. a good starting place would be the compilation 'another crack of the white whip' if you can find it. it's a pretty hard album to find but it serves as a good introduction to their oeuvre.

thread is pretty much answered here, fuck all beats Whitehouse for William Bennett's dedication to sonic assault, considering the times and what else was going on during this era

and he always seems such a gentle bloke in interviews, talk about malevolence in chorister guise

edited for spazz, think i might've posted this a while back, Doug Snyder & Bob Thompson's cacophonous Daily Dance improv/jam from 1973, so once more unto the breach:

Edited by cwmbrancity

• 3 weeks later...

QR2f45l.png

11 CD harsh noise tribute to David Lynch. 10 of the CDs are housed in a 10 disc capacity DVD case with four flip trays, the eleventh disc is in an envelope in the case. Each CD has one track between 50 and 60 minutes long, except for the eleventh which is 25 minutes long. Limited edition of 10, hand numbered.

http://theglassforest.storenvy.com/products/16317123-shadowpiercer-lynched-from-the-get-go-11xcd

https://shakhburz.bandcamp.com/album/lynched-from-the-get-go

u guys think that this could kill someone? I mean hijacked headphones in the right frequencies playing this kind of stuff. .. that shit sounds scary as hell, like someone should already have tried that... *shrugs*

not sure it could kill someone, but if you're interested in that sort of thing, check out "danger music", noise philosophy and danger music go a bit hand in hand really

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_music

Hanatarash are probably the most notorious act under that overlap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanatarash

Hanatarash was notorious for its dangerous live shows. Some of the band's most infamous shows included Eye cutting a dead cat in half with a machete, strapping a circular saw to his back and almost cutting his leg off, and destroying part of a venue with a backhoe bulldozer by driving it through the back wall and onto the stage.[2]

At a 1985 show in Tokyo's Superloft, the audience was required to fill out waivers due to the possibility of harm caused by the show. The show was stopped due to Eye preparing to throw a lit molotov cocktail onto the stage. The performance cost ¥600,000 (approximately $9,000 US) in repairs.[3]

After several years of the intense live shows, Hanatarash was forbidden from performing at most venues, and were only allowed to return to live performances in the 1990s without the trademark danger.[3]

Looks like Consumer Electronics are performing in Salford this Sunday, will probably pop along although the rest of the event sounds proper "artsy".

• 1 month later...

I recently played a short radio friendly noise jam on the local campus station a few weeks back, alongside Lily Fawn (who's playing saw), as Noise from the Black Lodge:

Wish we'd known about that David Lynch tribute in time!

Faker has produced some stuff that I swear was trying to cut me into pieces.

Can you give a link? Too many artists and bands named 'Faker' come up when doing a search.

ekimo_03.jpg

The Gerogerigegege has just come back along with new full-length album!

The Gerogerigegege is founded by Juntaro Yamanouchi in 1985 and well known for numerous activities with striking concepts/methods/ideas/practice defying any kind of existing conventions in each release and aktion since a debut tape on ZSF Produkt.

"Moenai Hai" is the first ever official album in 17 years and released on Eskimo Records, run by Jun Konagaya (Grim, White Hospital, HovH). This album contains brand new four recordings composed in 2014-2015, except one track 'Gerogerigegege', originally composed in 1985 and exclusively recorded in 2014-2015 for the first ever publication.

For The Gerogerigegege, any descriptions of the 'music' nor 'sounds' must be senseless and needless, you ALL know. We just express that The Gerogerigegege is again beyond your expectations and you will encounter thee beast in the labyrinth "Moenai Hai".

Just grab actual product and stand face to face with this album.

NB1: Official release date is 20th April 2016. We have just started receiving the payment and shipping since 19th April 2016.

NB2: For those who purchased "Moenai Hai" CD via Lust Vessel Distribution, every pre-ordered copy comes with an exclusive bonus tape titled "1985 Unreleased Recording", contains unreleased material recorded in 1985; This CD + Cassette set edition has been completely SOLD OUT in pre-ordering stage. Thank you so much for your interest!

retail price: 2500 JPY (plus postage)

[ t r a c k l i s t ]

燃えない灰 (Moenai Hai):

1. 西河の果て (Out Of Saiga)

2. ゲロゲリゲゲゲ (The Gerogerigegege)

3. 敗残兵士達の海 (Tokyo: Sea Of Losers / Donors For USA)

4. 最期の調律 (Final Tuning)

1985 Unreleased Recording:

A. untitled

B. deltitnu

http://diskunion.net/portal/ct/detail/AGY160310

• 3 weeks later...

jMRW8A7.png

Available for PRE-ORDER, shipping on the 20th of May.

"Special limited edition starts shipping Thursday this week - selling out fast”

Special Limited Edition contains:

Double Vinyl + Autographed Lyrics Pack Each With A Unique

Handwritten Line Of Whitehouse Lyrics + Postcards + CD.

Look up, look all around you, dump the fucking rubbish, and rise up. Listen to the sound of being alive. Whitehouse. Brand new masters by Noel Summerville of the twelve most intense anthems you will ever know.

Tracklisting:

1. Wriggle Like A Fucking Eel

2. Cruise (Force The Truth)

3. Killing Hurts Give You The Secrets

4. A Cunt Like You

5. Princess Disease

6. Guru

7. Why You Never Became A Dancer

8. Dyad

9. Philosophy

10. Cut Hands Has The Solution

11. Dumping The Fucking Rubbish

12. Daddo

Edited by Nebraska

jMRW8A7.png

Look up, look all around you, dump the fucking rubbish, and rise up. Listen to the sound of being alive. Whitehouse. Brand new masters by Noel Summerville of the twelve most intense anthems you will ever know.

Tracklisting:

4. A Cunt Like You

5. Princess Disease

6. Guru

8. Dyad

9. Philosophy

12. Daddo

holy moly, just grabbed a copy. what a killer comp - so glad princess disease made it on there.

anyone got hold of the new prurient tape? thoughts? some of his best material in a while imo. the first track is incredible. the guitars didn't go amiss either, sustained post-rocky twangs worked pretty well

jMRW8A7.png

Tracklisting:

4. A Cunt Like You

5. Princess Disease

6. Guru

8. Dyad

9. Philosophy

12. Daddo

holy moly, just grabbed a copy. what a killer comp - so glad princess disease made it on there.

anyone got hold of the new prurient tape? thoughts? some of his best material in a while imo. the first track is incredible. the guitars didn't go amiss either, sustained post-rocky twangs worked pretty well

still wrestling whether or not I should get that. I have almost all their records and even bought the limited 'another crack of the white whip'

https://www.discogs.com/Whitehouse-Another-Crack-Of-The-White-Whip/release/73570

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

it's probably worth it, and also it is guaranteed to skyrocket in price once it has sold out, sadly..

VknlnwS.jpg

weirdly after i posted about whitehouse and prurient, this came up on social media - dom fernow with his copy of the record, lol.

also if you haven't heard this before, GRAB A COPY! deadly compilation of no bullshit, super dirty noise

v/a - Americanoise

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Americanoise/release/3534801

2012 remastered reissue of the original 1995 tape compilation that came out on Mother Savage. you know it's good when it has the Macronympha seal of approval! big names like Emil Beaulieau, Skin Crime, Taint, Crank Sturgeon, etc.. and the remaster sounds so great

Wonderful thread,

Seen/Heard a bit of noise, OPN, Arca, Tim Hecker. Recently

Actress' Levaticus LP is sorta where some lines blurrrr for me. Unique collections/experiments.

TG, Psychic TV, and Coil.

Studying up on NWW and Current 93 too

Would make a move on that whitehouse, perhaps..

jMRW8A7.png

Tracklisting:

4. A Cunt Like You

5. Princess Disease

6. Guru

8. Dyad

9. Philosophy

12. Daddo

the thing i love about Whitehouse is how refreshed you can feel after exposure to a few tracks..... especially if yer head is in a bit of knot. Wriggle & Why You Never Became a Dancer specifically off this release come to mind.

there's a world of difference from this kind of focused 'noise' and its emotional resonance, to the bs wannabe-Whitehouse that folks like Prurient put out imho.

William Bennett is a psychic healer, in comparison Purient is an electro-goth imitator (excluding certain Vatican Shadow tracks).

(apologies if that offends any1, but its true)

Edited by cwmbrancity

jMRW8A7.png

Tracklisting:

4. A Cunt Like You

5. Princess Disease

6. Guru

8. Dyad

9. Philosophy

12. Daddo

the thing i love about Whitehouse is how refreshed you can feel after exposure to a few tracks..... especially if yer head is in a bit of knot. Wriggle & Why You Never Became a Dancer specifically off this release come to mind.

there's a world of difference from this kind of focused 'noise' and its emotional resonance, to the bs wannabe-Whitehouse that folks like Prurient put out imho.

William Bennett is a psychic healer, in comparison Purient is an electro-goth imitator (excluding certain Vatican Shadow tracks).

(apologies if that offends any1, but its true)

totally agree, i know exactly what you mean

however it's such an enormous stretch to call prurient "wannabe-whitehouse" that you could call anyone who makes power electronics "wannabe-whitehouse". by the same logic pretty much any rock band is "wannabe-led zeppelin" lmao

what prurient releases have you actually heard?

Edited by realthanks

i kinda agree with realthanks although cwmbrancity brought up a good point: prurient did always seem more popular with the goth electro crowd (never got into vatican city) particularly his shows where'd he'd get overly emotional. will never forget this one show i went to see him in brooklyn and he had his back to the audience the entire time. everyone was shouting "turn around" and he just kept rubbing his mic to the speaker before storming off stage in a huff.

later i saw him outside (shirtless of course) sipping a beer with a bunch of girls trying to calm him down. i felt like going over to give him a hug. antics like that always made him seem a little bit like a poser because he lacked the humor of people like non. that and the fact that some of his lyrics were lifted from poetry books

i will say though i really enjoyed releases like cocaine death, 'and still, wanting' and 'shipwrecker's diary'. i know a lot of people love 'the history of aids' but i always found that like an attempt to replicate early richard ramirez or smell & quim releases